• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Evaluating CJS Through His First 12 Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

20 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Agreed.  Unless he steals one of these next 2 road games, which is highly unlikely, he will be nearly a year and a half in to his head coaching career without 1 FBS win.  No way to polish that turd of a record.  

No there isnt that's absolutely horrible.

I want the guy to succeed but he has to start showing something this season. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I did not move the goal posts,

Yeah, you did. For the 43rd time, here's your statement, "The expectation that he should be doing better than CCS if he is better than CCS is the one more rooted in reality". All I said was that the CWT tenure proved that you don't have to better, in the first 12 games, than what the previous coach was fired for to actually be a better coach here when all is said is done. That's a dead certain fact and all of the dazzling with ******** you've tried to get around that is just ******* in the wind ...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Yeah, you did. For the 43rd time, here's your statement, "The expectation that he should be doing better than CCS if he is better than CCS is the one more rooted in reality". All I said was that the CWT tenure proved that you don't have to better, in the first 12 games, than what the previous coach was fired for to actually be a better coach here when all is said is done. That's a dead certain fact and all of the dazzling with ******** you've tried to get around that is just ******* in the wind ...

Got it. I feel it insinuates that it’s an equally reasonable path the success, it’s a digression and yes some people do in fact digress before they progress but most people do not get to stay around for that second part when they go winless against FBS teams for a year and a half.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,719
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Agreed.  Unless he steals one of these next 2 road games, which is highly unlikely, he will be nearly a year and a half in to his head coaching career without 1 FBS win.  No way to polish that turd of a record.  

Agree here one hundred percent. What an embarrassment 

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Got it. I feel it insinuates that it’s an equally reasonable path the success, it’s a digression and yes some people do in fact digress before they progress but most people do not get to stay around for that second part when they go winless against FBS teams for a year and a half.

I don't think anybody would say it's an equally reasonable path. It just says that nothing is written in stone when it comes to stuff like this and there are all kinds of paths. ...... People focus on what they want to but bottom line is still the time worn cliche, it ain't how you start.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

Can't believe this thread is this popular. There should be nothing to talk about or debate just like our FBS wins. Zero.

2 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Can't believe this thread is this popular.

You're kidding, right? He's been being "evaluated" in pretty much every other freaking thread in here so why wouldn't one like this attract them like moths to a light ....

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You're kidding, right? He's been being "evaluated" in pretty much every other freaking thread in here so why wouldn't one like this attract them like moths to a light ....

Maybe we should throw a few other coaches out there to coach part of games for a few years so we can evaluate them all in game situations before deciding who we want to name head coach going forward.  😉 

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don't think anybody would say it's an equally reasonable path. It just says that nothing is written in stone when it comes to stuff like this and there are all kinds of paths. ...... People focus on what they want to but bottom line is still the time worn cliche, it ain't how you start.

I would just prefer a more normalized path so that he can actually get to finish instead of burning through the entirety of his good will in the first 3 years.

Just now, chapelbull said:

Maybe we should throw a few other coaches out there to coach part of games for a few years so we can evaluate them all in game situations before deciding who we want to name head coach going forward.  😉 

But what if we then lose every game, show know progress and confuse the players with an endless carousel of player swaps that don’t allow them to have continuity and progress? Plus what if we lose our four commits?