• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Build a stadium on campus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

13 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Building a Stadium and winning a national title are BOTH "hypothetical" things USF has  NOT accomplished. So my hypothetical question is would you rather win national titles and use Ray Jay or win NOTHING and have an on campus stadium? Please utilize your "reading comprehension skills" when answering this question. 

Show your math on your initial claim Miami has nine national championships. 😂

By my count, Miami has won national titles in 1983, 1987, shared one with Washington in 1991, and then again in 2001. 

That’s 4.5 titles. 

Regardless, the Orange Bowl was a garbage stadium as far back as 1986 in a neighborhood that made Suitcase City look like a safe place to raise your family. I’d much rather enjoy a Saturday afternoon in an OCS. 

Edited by keithroby

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Maybe I’m naive/idealistic but I’m thinking regular Joes would not be so willing to shell out cash for a USF IPF, only real diehards would. And hence the delay in this. 
BUT for a stadium, I think that is where youll see more non-diehards and possible outsiders shell out serious cash and maybe even some hefty donations for the right blowback. 
Man what a dream a USF game day experience on campus would be, I really hope this isn’t all political spiel. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, zarnozdabull said:

Maybe I’m naive/idealistic but I’m thinking regular Joes would not be so willing to shell out cash for a USF IPF, only real diehards would. And hence the delay in this. 
BUT for a stadium, I think that is where youll see more non-diehards and possible outsiders shell out serious cash and maybe even some hefty donations for the right blowback. 
Man what a dream a USF game day experience on campus would be, I really hope this isn’t all political spiel. 

Somebody has been shelling out a lot of cash to build these beautiful new buildings on campus.  Start directing some heavy hitters over towards the athletics side of things and maybe you can get it done a little faster.   Either way, at least we are showing a pulse.

My grandmother ran catering for some of the Homecoming festivities around basketball back when I was a kid.  Parades, crowds of students, alumni, etc.   Sure seemed like fun and exciting times to me back then.

Edited by chapelbull

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 9/4/2021 at 2:25 PM, Cornada said:

Build the stadium and go in debt up to your eyeballs I say.  If our government can take this approach then we can.

the government can print money 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

4 hours ago, keithroby said:

By my count, Miami has won national titles in 1983, 1987, shared one with Washington in 1991, and then again in 2001. 

That’s 4.5 titles. 

Regardless, the Orange Bowl was a garbage stadium as far back as 1986 in a neighborhood that made Suitcase City look like a safe place to raise your family. I’d much rather enjoy a Saturday afternoon in an OCS. 

great point

imagine building a stadium and still losing!!!

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, chapelbull said:

Somebody has been shelling out a lot of cash to build these beautiful new buildings on campus.  Start directing some heavy hitters over towards the athletics side of things and maybe you can get it done a little faster.   Either way, at least we are showing a pulse.

My grandmother ran catering for some of the Homecoming festivities around basketball back when I was a kid.  Parades, crowds of students, alumni, etc.   Sure seemed like fun and exciting times to me back then.

This is a great point and the big question in my mind where the Football program goes from here.

Hearing these statements of commitment to football though and the buzz coming out of it is absolutely great to hear FINALLY.  Gives me some hope that this thing might actually get turned around and we can become somewhat of a "player" in CFB.   Not right away, but that there is some sort of momentum for the future.  Hopefully it is not too little too late.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, keithroby said:

That’s 4.5 titles. 

Ok 4.5 titles rather than 9 titles...its still 4.5 titles though 🤷‍♂️ Im not saying i oppose a stadium. I just dont feel its as vital. But if USF finds funding then why not?  

Guest Jonesy Bull
16 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Ok 4.5 titles rather than 9 titles...its still 4.5 titles though 🤷‍♂️ Im not saying i oppose a stadium. I just dont feel its as vital. But if USF finds funding then why not?  

I use to think this way as well.  RayJay is a great venue for football and would seem like a great recruiting tool.  But that doesn't really seem to be the case for us.

What is the Big 12 is saying that we want to invite you, but we need to see some tangible signs of your commitment to football, i.e. an OCS.  I'm not saying that is the case but it certainly possible.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I use to think this way as well.  RayJay is a great venue for football and would seem like a great recruiting tool.  But that doesn't really seem to be the case for us.

What is the Big 12 is saying that we want to invite you, but we need to see some tangible signs of your commitment to football, i.e. an OCS.  I'm not saying that is the case but it certainly possible.  

I think people misunderstood me thinking that I oppose a stadium. If USF gets  the money cool, if not, hell the Ray Jay is way more superior stadium than the Swamp at UF. But if a Campus Stadium is a prerequisite for a P5 invite then I guess we have no choice. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think people misunderstood me thinking that I oppose a stadium. If USF gets  the money cool, if not, hell the Ray Jay is way more superior stadium than the Swamp at UF. But if a Campus Stadium is a prerequisite for a P5 invite then I guess we have no choice. 

Imagine if UF had to play all of their games at Jax stadium instead of on campus. Superior stadium, no?
Gameday college feelings/experience/tailgates would not be the same. 
An OCS is long overdue and a MASSIVE necessity.