• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Build a stadium on campus

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Honestly, not a bad time to borrow a ton of money with current interest rates.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

Just now, USFBULL_08 said:

Man, this is cringey and desperate....and 15 years too late.

It's like they all sat in a room and discussed how they could make fans happy with the least amount of effort.

I think is more than for the fans. Every time that I asked about an OCS, I always got the reply RJS is fine BUT if we ever need to build an OCS to move up it will be built. This if they follow thru is a big signal to Big12 and maybe something that it was discussed with them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  337
  • Days Won:  0

When I heard the OCS news

Fuck Yeah Yes GIF

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  480
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'm tired of this stupid stadium talk. I grew up in Miami and they NEVER had an on campus Stadium and still won many National titles. Hell their current stadium is like 30-45 min drive from campus. Ive worked security at UF football games as a student and the MAJORITY of people that went to the games were NOT students. Ray Jay is waaaaaaaaaay nicer than most college stadiums Ive been to and its ONLY 10 miles away from campus. Kids can uber or catch a lyft out there. At most USF should simply have a shuttle service. This has to be the most overated "need" that USF has. I promise you when I say most people, recruits, players or fans dont care about a stadium. Plus Ray Jay is a nice stadium. We just need to WIN GAMES period.

If you have to cite the exceptions then you’re fighting a losing battle.  Also, Miami is kind of in trouble, they’ve been in a long fade.  Just Google them, it’s not a good time to be a Hurricane.  

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  7,683

Just now, Cubanbull said:

I think is more than for the fans. Every time that I asked about an OCS, I always got the reply RJS is fine BUT if we ever need to build an OCS to move up it will be built. This if they follow thru is a big signal to Big12 and maybe something that it was discussed with them.

I agree.  If we want to move up to the big boy table we need to show a full on commitment to the program.   I guess we could wait for National Championships (real ones) to get that buzz like the U did or we could show our commitment by moving towards an OCS.  You want to build a culture, then you have to start doing things to build it other than put your hand out and say please sir can I have some more.

• Content Count:  7,683

1 minute ago, I like GOOOOLD (and green) said:

If you have to cite the exceptions then you’re fighting a losing battle.  Also, Miami is kind of in trouble, they’ve been in a long fade.  Just Google them, it’s not a good time to be a Hurricane.  

Exactly, because their "culture" was built on winning championships not an intrinsic, cultivated love for the program/school

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

6 minutes ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

Honestly, not a bad time to borrow a ton of money with current interest rates.

I thought we couldn’t build the IPF because we couldn’t borrow the money and had to be fully funded 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I thought we couldn’t build the IPF because we couldn’t borrow the money and had to be fully funded 

Seems foolish, but on brand.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

10 minutes ago, USFBULL_08 said:

It's like they all sat in a room and discussed how they could make fans happy with the least amount of effort.

They’re probably monitoring this board  and saw that easy way out. Fans shouldn’t be happy at all until we beat an FBS team

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

This is an intriguing first step. It is such a shame that it has taken this long. I'll reserve full judgement for when we actually see the plans he is referring too. Until then it is lip service.

Curious... For projects like these, does USF enable donations that are locked to a specific project/purpose?