• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He was the appendix of the Clemson coaching staff that they made no effort to retain and did not replace the duties of, go read his CV again with a critical view and tell me you didn’t see this coming. And it would have been revisionist history if I didn’t say from the beginning, I get to call it history.

I didn’t see a pandemic coming.
I didn’t see how poorly our country would handle it.
I didn’t see spring ball being cancelled.

I also didn't see how poor of a team Strong left behind, where those aforementioned circumstances would’ve been less impactful on a better team.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, HyperBullee said:

His resume and former boss say otherwise! 😂 I’m confident they would take him back in a heartbeat if he wanted to go back. Also, AS AN HC, he doesn’t have the responsibility to call plays anyway.

To you last point, MOST coaches would be looking like their in-over their heads considering the complete mess our program (not just team) was just a year ago.

The good news is we will probably get to see how that plays out and if he is returned to his former glory of being the assistant of the assistant or simply as an analyst or not at all. As for the issue with when he walked in the door it’s not that he didn’t improve anything in day one it’s that he has not improved, often times he has made worse, a single thing in day 500. Some people never actually grow into their positions even when they are actually qualified but that’s not the case here CJS is not that qualified and is fulfilling his family legacy.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

His resume and former boss say otherwise! 😂 I’m confident they would take him back in a heartbeat if he wanted to go back. Also, AS AN HC, he doesn’t have the responsibility to call plays anyway.

To your last point, MOST coaches would be looking like they’re in-over their heads considering the complete mess our program (not just team) was just a year ago.

I wish they would take him back.  He doesn’t call plays now mainly because he does not know how to or has the ability to hire someone that does.  He acts like he is the only one that read “The Score takes care of Itself”, he talks culture because he does not know the X’s and O’s in my very humble opinion..

1 minute ago, HyperBullee said:

I didn’t see a pandemic coming.
I didn’t see how poorly our country would handle it.
I didn’t see spring ball being cancelled.

I also didn't see how poor of a team Strong left behind, where those aforementioned circumstances would’ve been less impactful on a better team.

I’m going to let you in on a dirty little secret we were better off under CCS. As for spring we had a larger spring than more than half of the country and one on par with more than 90 percent of the country. CJS was not unique in the hurdle he is simply unique in the results.

5 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

How can we know this yet lol

Have about a dozen games displaying it thus far.  I did not expect to win on Thursday or even cover but he has not once displayed competency in the past year and a half and that is concerning, if you don’t see this then your head is buried in the sand.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Have about a dozen games displaying it thus far.  I did not expect to win on Thursday or even cover but he has not once displayed competency in the past year and a half and that is concerning, if you don’t see this then your head is buried in the sand.  

I definitely raised my antenna.  I want to see what they do against some other teams and I don't want to see Fortin in.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

If people removed the word football from the job they wouldn’t allow anyone to fail this miserably at any job for a fraction of this time. If he were a doctor he would be the unintentional jack kevorkian and no one would give him a day to develop into his position, put him in a company and at some time you have to hit a single KPI, hell even at McDonald’s you have hit your production times in the drive through and your given station. The world is a cold hard place and production is what matters, well at least it used to.

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I’m going to let you in on a dirty little secret we were better off under CCS. As for spring we had a larger spring than more than half of the country and one on par with more than 90 percent of the country. CJS was not unique in the hurdle he is simply unique in the results.

I’ve resigned to the fact that I won’t/can’t help y’all understand, and consider, context.

There were many team’s “results” that were skewed last year. BAMA and their ilk were able to withstand the attrition. We were already whittled down before we had our spring cancelled and playbook installation OVER ZOOM in the summer.

Again, Strong was the one who cratered the program. He was unable to fix it. That’s why he lost his $5 mil/yr. job. THERE WERE, and are, ZERO INDICATORS THAT STRONG WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN SCOTT, especially in a pandemic year.

Edited by HyperBullee

2 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

I’ve resigned to the fact that I won’t/can’t help y’all understand, and consider, context.

There many team’s “results” that were skewed last year. Again, Strong was the one who cratered the program. He was unable to fix it. That’s why he lost his $5 mil/yr. job. THERE WERE, and are, ZERO INDICATORS THAT STRONG WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER THAN SCOTT, especially in a pandemic year.

Consider context?? did you watch the game on Thursday?  

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Consider context?? did you watch the game on Thursday?  

Look at who we played! Dave Doeren has been HC there since our 1st year under TAGGART.

Our program is in a complete rebuild. Come on!

——

And, of course I did. As agonizing as it was. I saw quite a bit that I liked and a decent amount that I’m concerned about. 

Edited by HyperBullee