• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, puc86 said:

None of it is Jeff Scott’s fault he didn’t decide to hire himself. We needed a home run and we decided to bunt. 

Wait, so you’re telling me that hiring a highly-touted, OFFENSIVE minded (a criteria I remember everyone here placing at the top of their wishlist) coordinator, from the (arguable) 2nd best program in the country, with said program’s HC’s personal blessing…was not a home run hire? At least an actual attempt at one?

Chuck Strong was considered a “home run”, Taggs was considered a “home run”, I was a teenager during the CSH days, but I recall him being considered a “home run” hire. 

Hindsight is 20/20 but “revisionist” history is complete denial of context (there’s that word again) around the events of our past (*cough, Afgh*****an, cough*).

Edited by HyperBullee

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

This thread is so stupid.  This is essentially year one.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

14 hours ago, Ghostbuster said:

I was never enthusiastic about the hire but talk of firing him (while therapeutic in this worst timeline we now live in) is just insane.  There's a reason we're being left behind in the next realignment and it's not because Scott sucked for 9 games.

We have had a huge leadership problem on the football front for over a decade now, and the biggest issue to me is that there was no investment.

Freaking FAU was opening a stadium in 2007, AGAINST US, and 14 years later we have nothing new.

UCF has an IPF and a joke of a stadium but, its a selling point for game day on campus atmosphere.  Meanwhile I'm parking at HCC to walk a mile to the Bucs front door.

Even FIU has a stadium.  

I mean all of this happened in clear view of the public.  It wasn't a secret every other team in Florida was improving their sales pitch to bigger conferences and better recruits .  Yet here we are, groggily opening our eyes like we were asleep for a decade, blaming a coach, AGAIN.  We have done jack crap to better the football product and that's what we're getting.

So go ahead, fire Scott and be astonished when this happens again in 3 years with a new coach.  I'm sure the three or four extra wins he may net will be worth another few years of paying an ex coach.

Every rational person knows we can’t fire this guy but most of us also already realize the guy has ****  for brains and is a bust.  The stadium issue is perplexing and nonsensical.  I live in an area where the high schools play in 80 million dollar stadiums built by the tax payers, why wouldn’t we just jack up the fees and build the ******* thing.  The town I live in has 3 stadiums, a dome and all with Jumbotrons and each school has its own individual IPF, it is not that ******* difficult. 

8 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

This thread is so stupid.  This is essentially year one.

Agreed however most of us realize we got hoodwinked, this guy is all bark and no bite. 

Just now, Friscobull said:

The stadium issue is perplexing and nonsensical.  I live in an area where the high schools play in 80 million dollar stadiums built by the tax payers, why wouldn’t we just jack up the fees and build the ******* thing.

I honestly have no idea.  There has also been zero effort or creative energy.  The fact that the feasibility study even included luxury items was dumb.  Build a USF branded experience that connects alumni with the new and beautiful campus.  

If they whine about benches and cupholders, GTFO.  This place is for USF fans.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

Wait, so you’re telling me that hiring a highly-touted, OFFENSIVE minded (a criteria I remember everyone here placing at the top of their wishlist) coordinator, from the (arguable) 2nd best program in the country, with said program’s HC’s personal blessing…was not a home run hire? At least an actual attempt at one?

Chuck Strong was considered a “home run”, Taggs was considered a “home run”, I was a teenager during the CSH days, but I recall him being considered a “home run” hire. 

Hindsight is 20/20 but “revisionist” history is complete denial of context (there’s that word again) around the events of our past (*cough, Afgh*****an, cough*).

He was not an OC,  did not play call and it is evident he is in over his head. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

17 minutes ago, HyperBullee said:

He was the appendix of the Clemson coaching staff that they made no effort to retain and did not replace the duties of, go read his CV again with a critical view and tell me you didn’t see this coming. And it would have been revisionist history if I didn’t say from the beginning, I get to call it history.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

He was the appendix of the Clemson coaching staff that they made no effort to retain and did not replace the duties of, go read his CV again with a critical view and tell me you didn’t see this coming. And it would have been revisionist history if I didn’t say from the beginning, I get to call it history.

Yep, just a daddy’s boy that was part of the good ole boy network.  Dude is a fraud and we got played. 

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  153
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He was not an OC,  did not play call and it is evident he is in over his head. 

His resume and former boss say otherwise! 😂 I’m confident they would take him back in a heartbeat if he wanted to go back. Also, AS AN HC, he doesn’t have the responsibility to call plays anyway.

To your last point, MOST coaches would be looking like they’re in-over their heads considering the complete mess our program (not just team) was just a year ago.

Edited by HyperBullee

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Yep, just a daddy’s boy that was part of the good ole boy network.  Dude is a fraud and we got played. 

How can we know this yet lol

• Upvote 1