• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Sad…Bowden has a terminal medical condition

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Read an article about Coach Bowden yesterday. Sad to hear even though he is 91 yrs old still, it's Bobby Bowden. He is a good man and has had a positive influence on many a young man. He had a good run for sure. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Read an article about Coach Bowden yesterday. Sad to hear even though he is 91 yrs old still, it's Bobby Bowden. He is a good man and has had a positive influence on many a young man. He had a good run for sure. 

He is an icon, not only in the state of Florida, but in the entire College world.  Class Act, even most Gator fans I know have respect for him and think highly of him (as much as Gator fans are capable of).  Growing up a Seminole fan as a Tot, prior to attending College and even after going to USF with no football team until we did, always rooted for him and the Noles.  He is definitely St. Bowden to me.

4 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

He is an icon, not only in the state of Florida, but in the entire College world.  Class Act, even most Gator fans I know have respect for him and think highly of him (as much as Gator fans are capable of).  Growing up a Seminole fan as a Tot, prior to attending College and even after going to USF with no football team until we did, always rooted for him and the Noles.  He is definitely St. Bowden to me.

I always liked Bobby over Spurrier while living in Florida. However, Spurrier has kind of grown on me as well. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I always liked Bobby over Spurrier while living in Florida. However, Spurrier has kind of grown on me as well. 

That was when the Florida / Florida State rivalry was at its best.  Those 2 Coaches had huge personalities and really polar opposites.  It rubbed off on the players and fans too I believe.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

45 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They are my earliest real recollection of college football, becoming an FSU fan when high school friend signed there to play football ...... and SOS has also grown on me but I think a lot of that has to do with :

The End of the Bandits | Sports Team History

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,010
  • Days Won:  38

He is one of the greatest of all time for sure!  I grew up a huge FSU fan.  Quite sad and I am not sure where college football is going at this point...

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

They are my earliest real recollection of college football, becoming an FSU fan when high school friend signed there to play football ...... and SOS has also grown on me but I think a lot of that has to do with :

I went to a few of those Bandit games. Cheap tickets and I had a blast. I was also at the 2nd USFL championship game held in Tampa. Fun times! 

Guest Jonesy Bull
19 hours ago, Triple B said:

Bandit Ball - those were some fun ass games.  Came at a time when the Bucs sucked royally and there was no Lightning or anything else going on except USF BB.  

We were pretty Gator heavy with that team, SS as Coach, John Reaves as QB, and we had Chris Collinsworth as Receiver too.