• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA approves athletes getting paid

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,170
  • Days Won:  56

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

an Offensive Guard for University of South Florida! That kind of **** drives me crazy.

So how does that work as far as them making money?

I’m guessing they get a few bucks for promoting the company on their social media. That’s how the UCF women’s basketball deal works.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

6 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I’m guessing they get a few bucks for promoting the company on their social media. That’s how the UCF women’s basketball deal works.

Makes sense, thanks. So are there any kind of regulations governing businesses targeting specific high school recruits tied to specific universities before they've signed?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Makes sense, thanks. So are there any kind of regulations governing businesses targeting specific high school recruits tied to specific universities before they've signed?

Why would we want to restrict the high schoolers getting paid, I say **** it, **** the regulations and let’s go Wild West up in here.  Everybody that can get a piece should take it and just so everyone is aware my NIL is for sale.  I am currently in negotiations with Brad to get compensated per post, tired of performing my services for free, time for me to get paid up in this *****.  

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Mark it down. They’ve created a monster that will be used to build recruiting advantages. It’s inevitable. College sports? A mess and getting worse. The gap between the haves and have nots just got wider.

And, to me and maybe you're already including them, the have nots aren't just the G5 but a lot of the P5 also ...... it's just the lower tier P5's will have more $$$ to help ease their pain.

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I am currently in negotiations with Brad to get compensated per post, tired of performing my services for free, time for me to get paid up in this *****.  

I am currently in consultation with Brad to start charging certain members a fee to post, possibly based on a by-the-word pay schedule, in case your negotiations bear fruit ....

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,916
  • Days Won:  67

30 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I am currently in consultation with Brad to start charging certain members a fee to post, possibly based on a by-the-word pay schedule, in case your negotiations bear fruit ....

Lil Kim Fashion GIFYou will need to find a creative way to pay my commission, I for one think that is a good idea. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

36 minutes ago, Triple B said:

What’s my credit limit and will you pay discounted rates at higher tiers?

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,170
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

And, to me and maybe you're already including them, the have nots aren't just the G5 but a lot of the P5 also ...... it's just the lower tier P5's will have more $$$ to help ease their pain.

For sure. If the goal in situations like this is to sponsor athletes who will put people’s eyeballs on your business social media, then it’s going to be the programs with the massive fan bases that will continue to distance themselves from the rest.

Sign with Bama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, etc. and you’re going to get sponsorships because you’ll have lots of followers and that means lots of eyes on your social media that the businesses want. That won’t be the same for any of the G5 or P5 schools like Wake or Vandy or Kansas State or Iowa State or Maryland or . . . 

It’s time to just create a separate division for the top 25-30 programs and let the rest of us go our own way, with our own championship.

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

So how does that work as far as them making money?

Good question.  I saw a tweet last week from Barstool's Portnoy that was congratulating the #BarStoolAthletes but wasn't sure what they would do with them.  I think it is pretty clear, they'll probably tweet about Barstool sports, at least to begin with.  He'll find something creative.