• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CBS Sports: Ranking AAC Coaches

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

On 5/21/2021 at 6:58 AM, El_Toro_86 said:

What you say is true.  Our donor base is sorely lacking compared to others.  Part of that is the history of the University as a commuter school.   I’m guilty.  I was born and raised in Tampa and decided to stay home, even though I was accepted at UF, to save money.  Very few people that graduated from USF back then felt any love or pride of having attended USF.  I have family members that graduated from USF that haven’t attended any football games and barely know we have a team.  These are the people you’re now counting on to build your donor base.

If we don’t have a donor base that allows us to compete for championships in the AAC, then maybe we should consider competing at a level that matches our donor enthusiasm, because continuing on our current trajectory screams that we’re half a$$ing it.

With all my whining and moaning about the donor base, I really don't think that at all. Those couple of years with CWT and CCS showed that we can. All I'm saying is that the areas where, I'm assuming, we're supposedly half ****** it are areas more tied to monies coming in rather than the administration's wants ........ and I'm by no means saying they've been perfect through the years, especially in a couple of coaching change decisions, it just goes back to my initial, unoriginal chicken salad/chicken **** analogy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

On 5/22/2021 at 11:05 AM, CousinRicky said:

While maybe only Iron Bulls get the email notifications of new Iron Bulls, throughout the crazy Covid year I would guess I've received, on average, over an email a month letting us know of new Iron Bull donors.  Believe we are at the highest level ever of Iron Bulls.  They are out there shaking the trees. A couple of our own Bullspenners have joined the club recently.  What we need is someone filthy rich to become a donor.  

Only quoting myself because I just rec'd an email announcing another Iron Bull couple.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

45 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Only quoting myself because I just rec'd an email announcing another Iron Bull couple.  

What is that $10k a year donation? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,718
  • Days Won:  109

59 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What is that $10k a year donation? 

Yep.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

5 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Yep.

Stop trying to threadjack, this is dedicated to doom and gloom and my hyperbolic musings 🤣 This is actually great news and I am happy to hear the counter point to USF ennui.