• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB AAC Tourney Rd 2 Game Discussion: Bulls vs Wichita State (Mar 12) 12 pm TV: ESPN2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Too long to read - again. 

I don’t understand how this is the one area in life where people pretend you go backwards in order to go forward and typical process improvement is not possible. If you fix actual issues culture will improve as well as winning but if you just say abstract things like I’m changing culture nothing will actually happen.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

41 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

You know who you are dealing with Chapel.....Don't let him get a rise out of you. 

But, I'm kind of enjoying watching you kick his ____.

Im good, cool as a cucumber 😎

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

If you fix actual issues culture will improve as well as winning but if you just say abstract things like I’m changing culture nothing will actually happen.

Kind of like fans demanding excellence ..... ?

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Kind of like fans demanding excellence ..... ?

If those fans are demanding with their wallets than it would be far less impacting than even that, ultimately fans do not determine much of what happens but sometime their dollars do. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

I don’t understand how this is the one area in life where people pretend you go backwards in order to go forward and typical process improvement is not possible. If you fix actual issues culture will improve as well as winning but if you just say abstract things like I’m changing culture nothing will actually happen.

At least this was short enough to read. See, you can do it. Don't totally agree but at least I read your argument. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, chapelbull said:

You've been railing against him since the middle of  year 2 ..... I'm like an elephant ... I don't forget .... even if you do change your name

When we lost 7 of our last 9 conference games in Year 2 I railed on his half court offensive scheme late in games, but didn't want him fired. 2 years later and its just as big of an issue as it was then.

Fix the half court offense late in games and he should stick around. I just think he is too stubborn to change.

11 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

At least this was short enough to read. See, you can do it. Don't totally agree but at least I read your argument. 

You would think with going the extra mile at least you would agree with me but it is almost as if effort and niceties do not actually matter and ultimately things only come down to what you end up producing. What if I take three years to refine my argument and get my words into place? Do you think that would make a difference? 

2 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

When we lost 7 of our last 9 conference games in Year 2 I railed on his half court offensive scheme late in games, but didn't want him fired. 2 years later and its just as big of an issue as it was then.

Fix the half court offense late in games and he should stick around. I just think he is too stubborn to change.

Of all the coaches we have ever had I think CWT is the only one I have ever seen fundamentally change a philosophy, he is a unicorn in that regard and for that reason should be studied in graduate school coaching courses. Adapting can lead to lucrative pay days so I am not quite sure why so many coaches like to stick to their guns as they follow their inevitable path towards unemployment. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Of all the coaches we have ever had I think CWT is the only one I have ever seen fundamentally change a philosophy, he is a unicorn in that regard and for that reason should be studied in graduate school coaching courses. Adapting can lead to lucrative pay days so I am not quite sure why so many coaches like to stick to their guns as they follow their inevitable path towards unemployment. 

When Harlan drew up that new offense on a napkin and gave it to him, he was forced to change .............

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

When Harlan drew up that new offense on a napkin and gave it to him, he was forced to change .............

I don’t care what the semantics are about what drove change all that I care about is that change occurred. CWT came in determined to follow his Harbaugh path into West Coast into turning us into the Stanford of the East. He continued to beat that drum following year two and then he has a change of heart. I know you think it was a giant rope a dope but I don’t understand how that creates any benefit or discounts his actual words and actions leading up to it.