• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB AAC Tourney Rd 2 Game Discussion: Bulls vs Wichita State (Mar 12) 12 pm TV: ESPN2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

You are being generous. More like a heave from about 1/2 court IIRC.  

I didn't see the shot.  Just know that Murphy had the ball in his hands.   Point was we did "different" things last game and the result was the same.

Guest Jonesy Bull
36 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Not that interesting,if we are going to look at "blown 2nd half leads" then how many "2nd half comeback victories" did we have during that time.   

Regardless it was also the last one with a healthy Yetna .... a guy you actually can run an offense through late in the game.  

I think this has been the biggest problem with this team.  We can get away with some poor play by our Guards if we had a reliable Post man that is really good.  The Yetna thing was devastating to this team, and Durr is just now developing into something that resembles a pretty good player. 

I've been giving Collins a hard time, and its mostly deserved.  BUT, he didn't have the same options these last 2 years without Yetna.  And we are not a good enough shooting team or drive to the basket team to make up for that limitation.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

42 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Not that interesting,if we are going to look at "blown 2nd half leads" then how many "2nd half comeback victories" did we have during that time.   

Regardless it was also the last one with a healthy Yetna .... a guy you actually can run an offense through late in the game.  

It’s interesting from the aspect that he tried to use those 21 losses as a criticism of CBG’s coaching when in reality it just reinforces what he can do when not handcuffed by personnel .... and that early in the total rebuild of a program, personnel setbacks are magnified. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 3/13/2021 at 7:13 AM, Jonesy Bull said:

Exactly....There are 4 other guys on the floor, I don't understand why he continues to try take it all on by himself by driving to the basket on his own.  Kick it out to an open player or at least try to get it into somebody else's hands, our shooting was pretty good yesterday.

I don't know if he comes back or not, but I really like the guys that you mentioned as better options at Point, and Durr with another year of development could be really good next year.  If Yetna decides to come back and is healthier, then all the better, we could be pretty **** good next year.

we need more "a'  players

way too many b players

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,893
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, chapelbull said:

I didn't see the shot.  Just know that Murphy had the ball in his hands.   Point was we did "different" things last game and the result was the same.

It was a half court heave, not really a shot.  We really didn’t do anything different as mentioned earlier in the thread, DC driving and drawing a charge or driving uncontrolled and throwing up a wild contested brick as we pissed away every opportunity to win the game..,, and then go on to beat Cincy and then to play Houston and get drilled by 45 in the Championship game, we were denied the experience of playing for a chance to dance.

53 minutes ago, smazza said:

way too many b players

great job GIF by Captain Obvious

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, smazza said:

way too many b players

He has recruited pretty well (on paper).  Its really hard to be able to recruit A players when you are not P5 or an established non-P5 basketball program like a Gonzaga, or even a Houston or Memphis in our league.  You have to recruit mostly B players, develop them and hope you find those diamonds in the rough.

i

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I think this has been the biggest problem with this team.  We can get away with some poor play by our Guards if we had a reliable Post man that is really good.  The Yetna thing was devastating to this team, and Durr is just now developing into something that resembles a pretty good player. 

I've been giving Collins a hard time, and its mostly deserved.  BUT, he didn't have the same options these last 2 years without Yetna.  And we are not a good enough shooting team or drive to the basket team to make up for that limitation.

Doesn't leave a lot of other options in basketball.  😁

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, chapelbull said:

Feel free to go count them if that's your counter argument.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

55 minutes ago, bjef4844 said:

Feel free to go count them if that's your counter argument.

I think the counter argument has been pretty well spelled out and gotten crickets from you ....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  424
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I think the counter argument has been pretty well spelled out and gotten crickets from you ....

The counter argument is that he should get a 5th year because he has been at a disadvantage the last 2 years (Yetna and Covid), and when he had a full allotment of players and no adversity he was able to propel the team to a an also-ran tournament championship just 2 years after taking over for Antigua.

I totally understand the counter argument, I just don't agree with it. I just don't want to see us waste another year like we did with Strong and it delays the next chapter another year. It feels like keeping Gregory is just delaying the inevitable.