• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Judy...Judy...Judy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Was watching a little of the senior bowl this past weekend and couldn’t help but notice the nice little stadium they were playing in.  Low and behold, the lowly South Alabama jaguars are opening a brand new OCS.  They started the program in ‘09.  So many loss opportunities for USF.   

site.png

. The official facility page for the University of South Alabama Jaguars

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

I think we could have done both. It was Judy’s job to push the academic rise of USF and I think she did very well on that. But I think from the start USF always saw athletics as not a priority.

from the beginning of the University with no Sports

To then adding basketball and having an Athletic Department that was happy just being a glorified Intramural.

In all our years, I think Griffin was the only AD that saw the value of athletics and moves that had to be done to move us forward.

Most of our ADs have been happy just trotting along and not making any bold moves.

Griffin should get way more Thanks for what he did for USF Athletics 

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
45 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Was watching a little of the senior bowl this past weekend and couldn’t help but notice the nice little stadium they were playing in.  Low and behold, the lowly South Alabama jaguars are opening a brand new OCS.  They started the program in ‘09.  So many loss opportunities for USF.   

site.png

. The official facility page for the University of South Alabama Jaguars

This comparison is just silly.  What conference is South Alabama in again?  Oh there are lots of examples of Schools that have a nice little OCS.  However they are neither Preimient or big time college football programs, and chances are never will be.  

I'm happy that Judy and the Administration made every effort to move us up in our Academic status - Yes, Absolutely!  Did we miss an opportunity to also move up Athletically - Yes, Probably! 

So we are now in Catch-up mode.  I'm OK where we are as long as we keep making a move to improve ourselves in Athletics.  Its a small slow climb, but would seem that there is becoming more of a commitment in that area given recent Coaching hires and an effort to build better facilities.  It takes 2 to tango.  We need the support from the USF community which is lacking.  Unfortunately the Pandemic and Economy has slowed that effort (i.e. IPF).  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

I always am horribly concerned about 180 surveys from fired staff as they couldn’t possibly have an axe to grind or even be self aware to recognize the active contribution their failures have played in their perception of the disparity. You got fired from a place that you think is only trying to simply exist in FL and it felt you took away from that, that’s sad.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Dave Glaser said:

If you do an online search for USF news these days, you won’t see a lot of headlines for on-field success

Correction, you won’t see any headlines for on-field success.

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I'll take pre-eminent status and top research school and revenues over athletic success any day of the year.

That seems like a kinda odd thing to say on a Athletics message board.  I have never heard any of you talk about the various research projects, don’t think any of you are enjoying the revenues and most people have no idea what a preeminent status is.  I am with El Toro, winning some championships and success on the field is much more important and would be so much more enjoyable.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

That seems like a kinda odd thing to say on a Athletics message board.  I have never heard any of you talk about the various research projects, don’t think any of you are enjoying the revenues and most people have no idea what a preeminent status is.  I am with El Toro, winning some championships and success on the field is much more important and would be so much more enjoyable.

We have to discuss it on the athletics board as it’s much easier to get into, there is a wait list for the academics board.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

You're batting .500 tonight.  Definitely would be more enjoyable.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

We have to discuss it on the athletics board as it’s much easier to get into, there is a wait list for the academics board.

That makes sense, Academics has created quite the buzz.

Just now, CousinRicky said:

You're batting .500 tonight.  Definitely would be more enjoyable.

I’d kill for .500 program right about now