• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott = Skip Holtz

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

23 minutes ago, pascobull said:

Nah. I'm just one of the little people that are the engine behind capitalism and corporations. I like what i do but it's all about money as a business major. We need those artsy people in the world Frisco. I don't want USF to become one big business and Tech school...seems too one dimensional for me.

I guess it is nice maybe to have some artsy people but to think big business is going to foot the bill to have these kids get indoctrinated by academia and come out hating them and also not have a marketable skill seems far fetched and a terrible investment.  I really don’t care if we have a Philosophy department, but for the love of god can we win at least one conference game this year in football.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

Okay I admit the thread title made me laugh but there is not enough data yet.

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

but to think big business is going to foot the bill to have these kids get indoctrinated by academia and come out hating them and also not have a marketable skill seems far fetched and a terrible investment.

This made me laugh because it's true.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

7 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Okay I admit the thread title made me laugh but there is not enough data yet.

Threads started shortly after a loss like that are usually good for a chuckle or two ....

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Threads started shortly after a loss like that are usually good for a chuckle or two ....

Theres plenty of time for a new coach to learn lessons of strategy before getting the Holtz gloss of fame with timeouts in the bank.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

19 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Good point. One of the issues is that in America our culture emphasizes education especially college education. Thus, some kids go to college and really don’t want to but feel it is necessary. Some drop out after a year and have loans to pay which is a worst-case scenario. I think the smart play for kids today is to go to a community college for two years get your associates degree and then decide if you want to go on for two more final years at a university. That way you save money and give yourself time to think about what it is you want to do. 

I'm a poster child for this, got an expensive BA degree from USF because I felt it was the thing to do if you didn't want to be a loser, but now work in IT thanks to a couple technical certificates I worked on my own time.  Should have done the Certs when I was 18-20 and saved my parents some money.  

13 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

I'm a poster child for this, got an expensive BA degree from USF because I felt it was the thing to do if you didn't want to be a loser, but now work in IT thanks to a couple technical certificates I worked on my own time.  Should have done the Certs when I was 18-20 and saved my parents some money.  

My friend did the same exact thing.  I think people are learning this type of approach now thanks to the extreme debt and pointlessness of it all.    

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

I have a political science degree and I’m in E-retail with a focus on systems and fulfillment which dabbles in all parts of IT implementations for them. I have no idea how to political science or where one would go to do that but at least I can read, write and understand graphs which is nice.

Edited by puc86

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I have no idea how to political science or where one would go to do that

Don't worry - Apparently, no one knows.  And the cycle continues...

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

3 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Don't worry - Apparently, no one knows.  And the cycle continues...

I went Business Finance, however always was a little jealous of the political science majors, they could always say I am majoring in Poly Sci which always sounded really cool and they could use the line that they were going to be the next Senator or Corporate lawyer. None of them ever did it but you only had to convince a 20 yr old chick with a buzz that you were destined for greatness.  Finance worked pretty good as well, I was going to be the next Gordon Gecko.  Kinda funny how most of us put 100x more energy into chasing  tail than we did planning what we wanted to do for the rest of our lives, I wouldn’t have changed a thing.  

• Like 1