• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Playoff Bound Rays

Guest Jonesy Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Hey look, the clueless d'bag trolls the Rays' threads now too ........ 

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

The organization has always done a pretty poor job of developing hitters. Will need to win 1-0 tomorrow to get to the World Series.

How many 1-0 wins do they have so far in the playoffs cut and paste boy?

On 10/14/2020 at 10:21 PM, Jonesy Bull said:

I think Im starting to agree with you that Snell is our Ace.  

No, you were right.  "Aces" don't lay that big of an egg 

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

The organization has always done a pretty poor job of developing hitters. Will need to win 1-0 tomorrow to get to the World Series.

In 24 years the Rays have only had two batters they drafted make multiple All-Star appearances - Longo and Crawford. That's terrible player development of hitters.

lol

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

The Rays played with fire the first 3 games of the series and it finally caught up with them, now that the Astros BABIP started to normalize. This team wins despite Cash, not because of him.

🤣   and you wonder why I called you clueless

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

11 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

In 24 years the Rays have only had two batters they drafted make multiple All-Star appearances - Longo and Crawford. That's terrible player identification and development of hitters.

I’ve been a Rays fan since day 1 and you’re right when you say they don’t develop hitters who are consistently above average. We do an amazing job with pitchers, but have pretty much always struggled offensively. 

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

- they Rays have as many 1-0 wins this post season 

How many cut and paste boy?   Look it up and cut and paste some more info for us .....

You've trolled the past two series cut and paste boy

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Yeah, not sure what the root cause of that is. I'm actually concerned what happens when a generationally great talent like Franco gets the call up.

I think he will be fine based off of talent alone unless someone messes with his swing. 

6 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I’ve been a Rays fan since day 1 and you’re right when you say they don’t develop hitters who are consistently above average. We do an amazing job with pitchers, but have pretty much always struggled offensively. 

Because they're a pitching and defense heavy team. They feel, and most likely rightfully so, that is how they will able to compete year in and year out in the AL East.  Offensively, they generally go after versatile players and play matchups.   That's why they have been able to compete with one of the lowest payrolls while the yankees and red sox usually are among the highest.

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

0 baby! 

Final answer cut and paste boy?

Cut and paste troll boy is happy he's making some of the money back that he lost in the first two Ray's playoff series ..... 🤣

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Because they're a pitching and defense heavy team. They feel, and most likely rightfully so, that is how they will able to compete year in and year out in the AL East.  Offensively, they generally go after versatile players and play matchups.   That's why they have been able to compete with one of the lowest payrolls while the yankees and red sox usually are among the highest.

Final answer cut and paste boy?

I get why they do it ($$$) but this philosophy will never be good enough to win the World Series. I hope I’m wrong. If they are really serious about going all the way they will have to get a couple higher quality offensive players. 

7 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I think he will be fine based off of talent alone unless someone messes with his swing. 

Why would anyone mess with his swing?