• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Getting to know Citadel....

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, Triple B said:

With ND a week later, I just can't see them doing a whole lot of extra triple option work on defense. O definitely needs to be effective early and often ....

Actually talking Xs and Os for a game thats going to happen in 3 days.  Ive got goose bumps.  Didnt think this weekend was ever going to happen, but here we are.

We have enough speed and skill to put it on this team offensively..  The triple option will be a tough test but great prep for Navy.  Win and then shock the world next week.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Actually talking Xs and Os for a game thats going to happen in 3 days.  Ive got goose bumps.  Didnt think this weekend was ever going to happen, but here we are.

We have enough speed and skill to put it on this team offensively..  The triple option will be a tough test but great prep for Navy.  Win and then shock the world next week.

GO BULLS!

Interesting how CSJ said it is a very different option than what Navy runs. From what I’ve seen they seem to pass more than what Navy does. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Interesting how CSJ said it is a very different option than what Navy runs. From what I’ve seen they seem to pass more than what Navy does. 

How many triple options can there actually be?  Navy only passes when absolutely necessary, or as a once in a blue moon surprise.  Which is totally effective when you are constantly expecting an option run.  I doubt Citadel is that advanced offensively or has the athletes across the board to keep up with us.

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

How many triple options can there actually be?  Navy only passes when absolutely necessary, or as a once in a blue moon surprise.  Which is totally effective when you are constantly expecting an option run.  I doubt Citadel is that advanced offensively or has the athletes across the board to keep up with us.

Tulane also runs a different version as they use the veer option. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

They will be a good test for a FCS team they have beaten in recent years GT and South Carolina and tied at 10-10 at halftime vs Bama in 2018.

Going to be a pretty good test right out of the gates for our defense. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

7 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

They will be a good test for a FCS team they have beaten in recent years GT and South Carolina and tied at 10-10 at halftime vs Bama in 2018.

Not helping my comfort level .....

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not helping my comfort level .....

Well go back and look at the 6 teams they lost to last year and how many points they allowed...you’ll feel better. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well go back and look at the 6 teams they lost to last year and how many points they allowed...you’ll feel better. 

Looking at their sched this year makes me feel better ...... They'll be looking past us to their game against Clemson.

Guest Jonesy Bull

Im not worried.  We are going to see the beginnings of a dynamic offense in this game from CJS and our new OC.  The Citadel will have their moments with their triple option and our developing Defense.  But it wont be enough.  We win going away.

1 minute ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Im not worried.  We are going to see the beginnings of a dynamic offense in this game from CJS and our new OC.  The Citadel will have their moments with their triple option and our developing Defense.  But it wont be enough.  We win going away.

oh yeah truth GIF by The Maury Show