• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Getting Ready for Football Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Watching the 1996 to 2006 USF Football History DVD and was thinking.   They should do a 2007 to 2017.  

Also, going to watch Auburn game and the FSU game.   Anyone else doing this?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I've watched many individual games including Auburn and FSU, WVU (07), Pitt (01), Cincy ('15).  Yesterday watched Notre Dame (11).

Wish I could watch the original VHS on 96-97.

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

This really starts my season on with a bang.  Thanks Brad for the idea to watch the WVU 07 game.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, Brad said:

I've watched many individual games including Auburn and FSU, WVU (07), Pitt (01), Cincy ('15).  Yesterday watched Notre Dame (11).

I need to watch that 01 Pitt game again this week. I think this is where we are going to be over the next two years. Perfect lead up to start the season. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

53 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I need to watch that 01 Pitt game again this week. I think this is where we are going to be over the next two years. Perfect lead up to start the season. 

I still remember how giddy CJL was after that game during the post game interview, he like many other times had no voice, sweat stained shirt and kinda goofy but **** they were fun to watch and he built a hell of a program.  

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
23 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I still remember how giddy CJL was after that game during the post game interview, he like many other times had no voice, sweat stained shirt and kinda goofy but **** they were fun to watch and he built a hell of a program.  

He was **** intense.  Best times of USF football.  I get the feeling that JS is built in the same mode but in more of a Christian way.  But dont let that fool ya.  He's tough and will bring it just as hard!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

59 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Watch the very end of the video and you’ll see Brett McMurphy running onto the field smiling and shaking Blackwell’s hand. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

7 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

He was **** intense.  Best times of USF football.  I get the feeling that JS is built in the same mode but in more of a Christian way.  But dont let that fool ya.  He's tough and will bring it just as hard!

Gotta be honest, I haven't seen anything from Scott to think hes even capable of getting as hyped as Leavitt. Scott seems like he can yell and bring intensity. There is just no way though. Those players ran through walls for Leavitt. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 8/31/2020 at 12:53 AM, WhoRUSF said:

Gotta be honest, I haven't seen anything from Scott to think hes even capable of getting as hyped as Leavitt. Scott seems like he can yell and bring intensity. There is just no way though. Those players ran through walls for Leavitt. 

He might not be Leavitt intense.  But the Jim was a unique cat.  I loved his intensity as I think we all do.

Your right Scott is a different personality.  But he seems to be very competent, measured and there is intensity about him.  We will no more when we see him on gameday

Guest Jonesy Bull
On 8/30/2020 at 11:31 AM, Brad said:

Absolutely.  Auburn, FSU, WV at home and Notre Dame were epic.

Maybe throw Miami in too as a big in state win.

Nat many teams outside the Power 5 can boast are able to claim that many big wins against the big boys.  Maybe Boise State.