• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF does not practice today (COVID and Social Injustice)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

6 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Absolutely for soldiers the rules of engagement were to shoot only when fired upon with an aimed shot. It would have had to wiz by my head to return fire. For a police officer which is domestic is completely different. You dont know when a person is going to become deadly. They can fire based on perceived threat to life. They walked Jacob all the way around the vehicle. The family was screaming and the police told him to stop. He had multiple times to make different choices. Both life’s are valuable and it’s  easy to say they didn’t have a gun after the event but in the moment it was a unknown and training and procedure kicked in. This is very important what I am about to say: Jacob had the knife while walking from one side of the vehicle to the other. He also admitted to such. That is why guns were drawn on him.

Thank you for your service!!

I can agree with everything you've said while also adding that as I watch this video, I think I could have prevented that death by slamming him. There were 3 cops. Get big guys. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, WhoRUSF said:

I can agree with everything you've said while also adding that as I watch this video, I think I could have prevented that death by slamming him. There were 3 cops. Get big guys. 

But he had the knife in his hand. How do successfully tackle someone with a knife without someone getting stabbed?  

1 minute ago, Bullrush33 said:

But he had the knife in his hand. How do successfully tackle someone with a knife without someone getting stabbed?  

I thought the knife was in the truck? 

19 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I thought the knife was in the truck? 

Nope he was carrying it 

1 minute ago, Bullrush33 said:

Nope he was carrying it 

964493EC-1FFD-490A-A261-58A14FEE336B.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

33 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Amen brother. I just know if I'm running a police station (which you're right, I'm probably not qualified to do either) I'd consider it a failure to have somebody die, and I'd be looking for every route to avoid that. As I'm sure they try to do already. 

But another point to this is there is no incentive structure to really punish departments with mishaps like this. Even now, they barely started punishing the cop individually for it, which I think more of the blame should go higher in the department. They need to be trained better. 

I agree the accountability has been lacking and I blame the public unions for that.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

29 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

I feel I can kick everyone’s ass on this board but I don’t like to tussle with a criminal with a Glock in my hand or on my hip.  If they wrestle it away from you then you are dead.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Cops more often than not escalate situations than de-escalate. 

My opinion is this is true and certainly so when someone does not respect their authority and chooses to resist arrest or do worse.  They meet aggression with aggression.  My guess is that is a trained response.

5 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I try to stay neutral on these because I dont know all the facts, I wasn't there, dont know the lead up, why he was being questioned, his body language, nothing. Just a short short clip. 

But wow, youd think something that caused so much protest would be a little easier to defend

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Dam....You get a salary??  WHAT!!! again...

He's on here enough, wouldn't you say?  😂