• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF does not practice today (COVID and Social Injustice)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

1st, you don't know me. 

2nd, why do you have a problem with me quoting a section of our constitution? 

We hold these truths to be self evident that all lives are created equal. Or have you missed that in your studies? 

You know both you guys are making good points

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,807
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

1st, you don't know me. 

2nd, why do you have a problem with me quoting a section of our constitution? 

We hold these truths to be self evident that all lives are created equal. Or have you missed that in your studies? 

It’s because you are insinuating anyone that disagrees with your point somehow doesn’t support equality of all lives.  But I’m done. You think the officer was wrong and I do not. It seems by your post  Cops jobs not being dangerous you already have a presupposition when an officer involved shooting happens. Good day sir. 

19 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Boston College, South Florida cancel football practice for social injustice discussion

rittenberg_adam.png&h=120&w=120&scale=cr
ADAM RITTENBERGESPN Senior Writer12:53 PM ET2 Minute Read

Boston College and South Florida on Thursday became the first college football teams to cancel preseason practice to participate in the national discussion about social injustice.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29753210/boston-college-south-florida-cancel-practice-discuss-social-injustice-issues?platform=amp

WHAT!!! 😲 In heavens name are you trying to inject sports into this topic?? What were you thinking?? Trying to put a speed bump in the road aren't you..😅 Nice try...

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I apologize for being so emotional about it. Go Bulls!

No apology necessary at all, I get the same way about the things I believe in.  Cheers to hoping we see some Bulls football in two weeks. 

14 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Another thing that is said when cops do wrong

It is only a few bad apples. 

They never finish the sentence. 

Once we get rid of the bad apples from police departments then and only then will we have a good police force. 

I don't need to see any video of any unarmed American being shot by any police officer to know that the cop did not do their job properly. If as an officer you are so scared that 3 cops cannot arrest a suspect and put cuffs on that suspect but must shoot that suspect maybe you should not be a cop. Maybe you suck at your job and should be fired. Maybe 

Or maybe I live in a different reality 

Most cops dont call these criminal cops Bad Apples..it's similar Bad ********...         It ruins it for all the ones who are good ones. It takes a long time to earn back the confidence of any segment of society and many times it's never recovered. 

Think about this. The atmosphere was tense but not out of control. The pace was slow. Kids in harms way. You dont want him to leave? Park him in front and back bumper to bumper. Cop or 2 keep their weapons aimed in case there is a gun in the vehicle. Comes out with a gun? New ball game. No gun? He's in the car cant leave. Relatives nearby, have one come and talk to him...wait him out unless it all goes to hell in a handbasket. The old adage re: Swat techniques, Talk them out, Wait them out, Smoke them out. Gas them out..then you Flash Bang and launch an assault. ( old days sometimes our canisters would cause fires so we added Burn them out but our bosses didnt like that..)  <Time>  You use Time to your benefit to defuse a situation. Most cops dont want to shoot or kill someone. Those cops that day in Wis had Time and numbers.  Minneapolis cops had Time and numbers. Atlanta same. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, Bullrush33 said:

See this pisses me off. Monday morning QBs! He had the **** knife in his hand before he ever got in the vehicle. He had already been tased. Do you tackle a man with a knife? Do you let them go into their vehicle which you don’t know if there is a gun? Do you go home to your family or the guy making the bad decision? Screw that!!! This isn’t the **** movies. People say just shoot them in the leg. You don’t shoot to maim you shoot to kill center mass. You would get killled trying to shoot a moving target in the leg. You eliminate the threat. When the officer with a gun tells you to something you do it. Rant done!! I’m tired of all this $&@$&!!

I think I disagree with shooting center mess with first shot every time. That's the point of this whole thing is that life matters. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

7 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

It’s because you are insinuating anyone that disagrees with your point somehow doesn’t support equality of all lives.  But I’m done. You think the officer was wrong and I do not. It seems by your post  Cops jobs not being dangerous you already have a presupposition when an officer involved shooting happens. Good day sir. 

Please point to where I insinuate what you are accusing me of? 

My points are clear. 

Cops have a dangerous job, but not as dangerous as they would want all of us to believe.  It is probably more stressful than dangerous.  

Their #1 talking point when bad cops do bad is "It's only a few bad apples", but never finish the whole sentence: "Only a few bad apples spoil the bushel."

Cops more often than not escalate situations than de-escalate. 

Putting forward policies that will get policing to see the black community as humans will help all of the USA. Look up Tamir Rice if you don't know the story. That should never happen anywhere within this country. With 3 seconds of the patrol car stopping two shot had been fired. No indictment. No arrests. One officer fire for lying on his application.  Not fired for being a crappy cop. 

But I digress

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

WHAT!!! 😲 In heavens name are you trying to inject sports into this topic?? What were you thinking?? Trying to put a speed bump in the road aren't you..😅 Nice try...

I refuse to take this kind of abuse in the workplace. Brad needs to increase my salary level immediately.

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I refuse to take this kind of abuse in the workplace. Brad needs to increase my salary level immediately.

🤣 Good one NEB

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

Cops have a dangerous job. 

But their job is not in the top 10 most deadly jobs per capita in the USA. Again, if you are so scared that you cannot do your job effectively, maybe find a new profession

103717209-GettyImages-479065992.jpg?v=15

Here's a look at the 10 most...

Depends what your job is when your a cop. Not all are out on the street. Patrol, yep most of the time it's sameo but you never know when all hell will break loose. Some calls can start out as routine then for some reason get way out of hand rapidly..You never know when. Some jobs in the investigation side of things besides like working Persons and Property cases, can be very dangerous. Not for the faint of heart. You dont think or plan on dying but in the back of your mind it's a possibility. There can be some nights where you say, Had occasions when done I thought, Thanks God it could have ended differently. Had 2 friends die both in uniform doing a normal function they never saw it coming. Some guys are great cops. Some guys dont need to be cops. Some guys shouldnt be cops. Law Enforcement is a very screwy business at best.