• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

58 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

And that has nothing to do with our crappy OC and HC

His noodle arm has nothing to do with the OC or HC ..... 

Guest Jonesy Bull

Ok your opinion is that he has a noodle arm.  I admit that he doesn't have the arm strength that most top level QBs have.  But this is not Pro fooball, where arm strength and pin point accuracy is the key factor........some level of arm strenth in College football of course is important, but I believe that accuracy is more important.  

And i disagree with both you that he has noodle arm.  That simply is not the case.....oh and by the way, Coach Scott said he will be surprised (I'm paraphrasing) if McCloud is not the No 1 QB going into training camp/ season.  I might be off on this a little bit on this a little bit, but he seems high on him.  I certainly respect a professional coach opion more than posters on a message board.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

26 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Ok your opinion is that he has a noodle arm.  I admit that he doesn't have the arm strength that most top level QBs have.  But this is not Pro fooball, where arm strength and pin point accuracy is the key factor........some level of arm strenth in College football of course is important, but I believe that accuracy is more important.  

And i disagree with both you that he has noodle arm.  That simply is not the case.....oh and by the way, Coach Scott said he will be surprised (I'm paraphrasing) if McCloud is not the No 1 QB going into training camp/ season.  I might be off on this a little bit on this a little bit, but he seems high on him.  I certainly respect a professional coach opion more than posters on a message board.

I just don’t believe he has the tools to play at this level, he may be successful at FCS or D2.  I like him and he is a talent but if he starts for us (if we play) we are in trouble IMO, but I am just a poster however CJS is a politician as well and is simply giving coach speak.

Guest Jonesy Bull
11 hours ago, Friscobull said:

I just don’t believe he has the tools to play at this level, he may be successful at FCS or D2.  I like him and he is a talent but if he starts for us (if we play) we are in trouble IMO, but I am just a poster however CJS is a politician as well and is simply giving coach speak.

You might be right, he may not be the man for the job, only time will tell......but thats kind of scary if he is not "the guy" and Coach Scott basically says he is the man for the job.  Then what does that say about our QB situation?  I really expected Fortin to be good enough to take the Number 1 job.  But doesn't sound like Scott is as high on him......Could be Coach Speak.

If this is the case, it could be a loooong season.....well if there is one!

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, Jonesy Bull said:

You might be right, he may not be the man for the job, only time will tell......but thats kind of scary if he is not "the guy" and Coach Scott basically says he is the man for the job.  Then what does that say about our QB situation?  I really expected Fortin to be good enough to take the Number 1 job.  But doesn't sound like Scott is as high on him......Could be Coach Speak.

If this is the case, it could be a loooong season.....well if there is one!

CJS said all three were the "man for the job" ... that's why it's called coach speak ..... 

Guest Jonesy Bull
26 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

CJS said all three were the "man for the job" ... that's why it's called coach speak ..... 

Maybe I've mis-spoke, for some reason I thought Coach Scott said he would be surprised if McCloud did not emerge as the number 1 guy. But, I've searched the Tampabay.com articles and keep seem to find it, so maybe I'm hallucinating.

But your right, at this point it seems like any of the 3 can emerge as Number 1, especially according to the latest article.  

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2020/08/07/four-takeaways-from-usfs-first-preseason-football-workout/

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,853
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Maybe I've mis-spoke, for some reason I thought Coach Scott said he would be surprised if McCloud did not emerge as the number 1 guy. But, I've searched the Tampabay.com articles and keep seem to find it, so maybe I'm hallucinating.

But your right, at this point it seems like any of the 3 can emerge as Number 1, especially according to the latest article.  

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bulls/2020/08/07/four-takeaways-from-usfs-first-preseason-football-workout/

JK once again providing breaking news that it is a 3 man race, who would have known.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

McCloud is still young and isn't mechanically sound. If he can clean his game up he could make a big jump. He was always a kid you wanted to sit and develop 2-3 years before relying on him due to his limited time playing the position. He was forced to be the guy much earlier than the coaches wanted, behind a very bad OL at that. I think it's too early to count McCloud out of this race. 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,074
  • Days Won:  172

On 8/7/2020 at 12:33 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

what do you expect him to say so early in the competition

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344