• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls 100 to 1 odds to win the AAC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,919
  • Days Won:  67

24 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Glad we needed that 3rd year of Strong to really make sure he finished of the program. Just think if we would have done what was inevitable we'd be on Year 2 of the rebuild.

An AD 5 mos into his job firing a coach 2 years into a 5 year contract with a 17-8 record?  Yeah that would have went over well, what the hell world do you live in?  Leave it alone you are in the minority on this one.  We all could see the trajectory of the program but Kelly would have been crucified for firing him at this time for numerous reasons and it would have hurt our ability to find the right guy anyways.  Let it go bro.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

An AD 5 mos into his job firing a coach 2 years into a 5 year contract with a 17-8 record? 

..... with a program that's crowning glory is a couple weeks early in a season 13 years ago. Bry's to the point of just pure trolling on this. 

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

..... with a program that's crowning glory is a couple weeks early in a season 13 years ago. Bry's to the point of just pure trolling on this. 

I know, I should let it go but it is just not my nature.

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I know, I should let it go but it is just not my nature.

Perseverance and consistency can be a good thing ............... or not. *cough*puc*cough*

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Anyone that attended or watched that SJSU game KNEW there were problems in CharlieLand.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Perseverance and consistency can be a good thing ............... or not. *cough*puc*cough*

I cannot help that not everyone has a refined palate.

32 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I live in the business world where you don't wait a year and lose people's money because you are worried about optics. Kelly manages a $50M a year organization that strives to be a $100M+ organization (P5). My most junior employees would look at top line results, or a 17-8 record and say "it's all good", but people who get paid lots of money to run businesses will know before anyone else that you need to dig into the underlying metrics and root causes, and prevent a complete fall off.

When we were 7-0 and had seen how we struggled against some of the worst the FBS had to offer, I had started a thread saying we would lose 4 of our last 5 games and everyone rioted (I can share the link if you want). The adding of Bell as OC was a swing and miss by Kelly, because the root cause was Strong and that got addressed one season too late.

The program needs to be run like a business and not like a non-profit.

Ok Gordon Gekko, you would have come in and fired at the time the most successful coach in the history of the program (17-8) 5 mos into the position.  You would have replaced this successful diverse employee after only 2 years of a 5 year contract and with really only one recruiting class under his belt with a young man named Jeff Scott?  I call BS, you are all talk.

43 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

I live in the business world

Exactly, not the world of college athletics which, whether you want to admit or not, IS a different animal. One reason being you're not just looking at a simple return on investment, profit/loss statement. There's so much more that goes into it. Until some sort of evidence to the contrary is shown, every AD of a program in a remotely similar situation gives CCS at least another year to right the ship.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

15 hours ago, puc86 said:

Some people appreciate consistency in life. It is important that people know that you are a coke machine and not a slot machine so that they don’t expect to keep doing random things to get random actions, every time that you put in the right combinations I will dispense the expected return.

I'm definitely using this analogy.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Brad said:

Anyone that attended or watched that SJSU game KNEW there were problems in CharlieLand.

Did they get the same feeling watching the McNeese State game?

The problem with the SJSU game is that CCS's record setting offense didn't look like what we saw the previous year with CWT's record setting offense and people weren't prepared ... I'm not sure what was expected with the first game under new offensive and defensive coordinators.