• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN on the AAC and the Bulls

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Due to this virus I have no idea what to expect this season. I think we could have a bowl eligible team but with the lack of practice and in-person coaching, that seems like a stretch this season. I do believe there are good players in place that just need the right coaching...In the coming seasons I think the recruiting will skyrocket and the results will speak clearly of that.

Edited by BiggTipp
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

No idea what to expect on offense this year.  If we can get at least average play out of the QBs. There seems to be plenty of talent returning and transferring in.  

Scott has spent a lot of time developing receivers in his career at Clemson so I would have to believe that he can teach the guys we have to catch the ball.  Although we lose Wilcox, Mathis was a 5 star out of high school at TE and has shown some glimpses of what he can do.  Let's hope we have some brains calling the shots on offense that can put them in a position to make plays.  If so, the offense can be dynamic.  We do have the athletes, but can they be turned into football playmakers?  

Hopefully, we find out this fall.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

4 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

No idea what to expect on offense this year.  If we can get at least average play out of the QBs. There seems to be plenty of talent returning and transferring in.  

Scott has spent a lot of time developing receivers in his career at Clemson so I would have to believe that he can teach the guys we have to catch the ball.  Although we lose Wilcox, Mathis was a 5 star out of high school at TE and has shown some glimpses of what he can do.  Let's hope we have some brains calling the shots on offense that can put them in a position to make plays.  If so, the offense can be dynamic.  We do have the athletes, but can they be turned into football playmakers?  

Hopefully, we find out this fall.

Really interested to see if Scott can get the most out of St. Felix. That dude has all the physical tools you need to be the man.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Would be nice to see McDoom realize his potential. 

I lost track, but don't we have a couple of offensive transfers coming in. 

I expect to see Bryce Miller break out and take on the role that Hunter Renfrew played at Clemson.  

There is potential on offense. Just needs to come together. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

If CJS can make a bowl game with this roster then he may have the biggest upside of any football HC we have ever had.

Agreed 

This is a slow build. The trenches are a few years away