• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DE Thad Mangum

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,333
  • Content Count:  21,324
  • Days Won:  10

image.thumb.png.66ee5b648d16943528fb9d9fcdd69f2f.png

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Days Won:  28

I think he is mainly a defensive tackle. He is the dude on the left and at 290 Ibs buddy looks to be all muscle. The story pasted below is a good one. When he got injured last year, they stated he spent his time unofficially working as an assistant coach. So he's definitely a great character pick up and possible team leader. With him, the linebacker from Michigan,  Bo peek and the players from last year, we are good on the defensive line. Hopefully we can hold a team to under 200 yards rushing this year. 

image.png.fd6db47b5467654cd905daa2d97d42d2.png 

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/03/19/former-christ-church-football-star-thad-mangum-transferring-from-wofford/2869066001/

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,602
  • Days Won:  424

54 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think he is mainly a defensive tackle. He is the dude on the left and at 290 Ibs buddy looks to be all muscle.

He looks way too cut to be a DT ......

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

He looks way too cut to be a DT ......

Our starting DT Blake Green is like 280Ibs. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,602
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Our starting DT Blake Green is like 280Ibs. 

Perfect ....... if he's 5'8". I guess I'm old school and like my DT's shorter, squat with bellies.

41 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Perfect ....... if he's 5'8". I guess I'm old school and like my DT's shorter, squat with bellies.

We have John Waller and Pickney for that lol

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

On 4/15/2020 at 4:16 PM, Gatorbull325 said:

I think he is mainly a defensive tackle. He is the dude on the left and at 290 Ibs buddy looks to be all muscle. The story pasted below is a good one. When he got injured last year, they stated he spent his time unofficially working as an assistant coach. So he's definitely a great character pick up and possible team leader. With him, the linebacker from Michigan,  Bo peek and the players from last year, we are good on the defensive line. Hopefully we can hold a team to under 200 yards rushing this year. 

image.png.fd6db47b5467654cd905daa2d97d42d2.png 

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/high-school/2020/03/19/former-christ-church-football-star-thad-mangum-transferring-from-wofford/2869066001/

Wish we had Macon for one more year..but I think we could be ok at defense if we upgraded our coaches.

11 hours ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Wish we had Macon for one more year..but I think we could be ok at defense if we upgraded our coaches.

Last year our offense gave our defense PLENTY of playing time lol I would hope the experience, another off season of conditioning and the new coaching staff gives us a much better defensive product. Our DTs gotta step up. I feel thats been our biggest weakness. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Last year our offense gave our defense PLENTY of playing time lol I would hope the experience, another off season of conditioning and the new coaching staff gives us a much better defensive product. Our DTs gotta step up. I feel thats been our biggest weakness. 

Yea you arent kidding.  We need a big time DT presence in the middle haven't had one it seems for a few seasons.

Our defense when we applied pressure was pretty good on first and second down usually... the coaches would go conservative on third down to be safe and we then we give up the 3rd and 13 play.  I'd like to see our defense bring pressure all three downs if we get beat so be it...go down swinging atleast.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,453
  • Days Won:  25

We need strong d-line and o-line play the next time we play.