• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A thread for positive facts only

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,852
  • Days Won:  67

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

👍👍👍...I was telling a buddy of mine how screwed those of us in education (and the students too) if this had all happened in the 1980s. 

We would not have reacted the same and it would have been like the rest of the forgettable pandemics.  We would not have had the ability to sensationalize this event to this extent without the internet to warrant a shut down of the economy, would have been as memorable as a fart in the wind.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

10 hours ago, Friscobull said:

We would not have reacted the same and it would have been like the rest of the forgettable pandemics.  We would not have had the ability to sensationalize this event to this extent without the internet to warrant a shut down of the economy, would have been as memorable as a fart in the wind.

This.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

10 hours ago, Friscobull said:

As a professional historian, I would like to weigh in on this. A lot of your post is wrong.

6 minutes ago, JTrue said:

As a professional historian, I would like to weigh in on this. A lot of your post is wrong.

As a professional free thinker, I would like to weigh in on your response, all of what you said was wrong.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

As a professional free thinker, I would like to weigh in on your response, all of what you said was wrong.

It isn't very free thinking of you to copy and paste a puc response to an argument. When two people do it and one does it first and repeatedly, the second isn't really going rogue.

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

13 hours ago, Friscobull said:

So how would we have reacted back in the 80's? And are all pandemics in the US forgettable or is there a death count that move the needle off "fart in the wind" for one?

9 hours ago, JTrue said:

It isn't very free thinking of you to copy and paste a puc response to an argument. When two people do it and one does it first and repeatedly, the second isn't really going rogue.

I copy nobody, if we share a similar feeling on a subject than it probably just means we are on the right side of the argument.

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

So how would we have reacted back in the 80's? And are all pandemics in the US forgettable or is there a death count that move the needle off "fart in the wind" for one?

H1N1 is an example, I forgot about it and it was only about 10 years ago.  Thousands die daily in our country, I don’t want anyone to lose their life, however not sure you are aware but we all will at sometime in the future.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

H1N1 is an example, I forgot about it and it was only about 10 years ago.  Thousands die daily in our country, I don’t want anyone to lose their life, however not sure you are aware but we all will at sometime in the future.

You didn't say how we would have reacted back then.

Hell, I'm not sure I was that aware of H1N1 when it was going on but Covid has 3 times the deaths (37K) in 4 months as H1N1 had (13K) in 17 months and that's with the current restrictions. This isn't the same type animal .............. and honestly, I'm not sure there wasn't an overreaction with many possibly suffering financially needlessly, understand about weighing the good of the few against the good of the many but calling this a fart in the wind before seeing how it plays out seems kind of ridiculous.

And I am fully aware that we all will lose our life sometime in the future but I'll receive total consciousness on my deathbed so I've got that going for me.

49 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You didn't say how we would have reacted back then.

Hell, I'm not sure I was that aware of H1N1 when it was going on but Covid has 3 times the deaths (37K) in 4 months as H1N1 had (13K) in 17 months and that's with the current restrictions. This isn't the same type animal .............. and honestly, I'm not sure there wasn't an overreaction with many possibly suffering financially needlessly, understand about weighing the good of the few against the good of the many but calling this a fart in the wind before seeing how it plays out seems kind of ridiculous.

And I am fully aware that we all will lose our life sometime in the future but I'll receive total consciousness on my deathbed so I've got that going for me.

Fair enough, no one knows how this will eventually play out.  Trips if your life is reminiscent of a fart in the wind, I would think you would be of the high pitched type that always make you giggle.