• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does anyone follow the lacrosse team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

CFB is still exciting to watch, even more so than the NFL due to big plays and mismatches. I have never been to a college hockey game and it sounds fun one time but does not translate over into an interesting TV product while the NHL does IMO. Everything is regionalized to a certain extent however only small pockets in the US follow college hockey while only small pockets don’t follow college football.  I am not against it but not gonna happen and don’t really care if it does anyways.

You are 100% correct it won’t happen...at least not in our life time. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jonesy Bull
14 hours ago, Friscobull said:

They cancelled the swim teams in the late 80’s due to title IX and budget constraints.  They gave us women’s cross country in its place, very cheap to run, 8 or so runners packed in a van for travel with sweats as the only equipment, good ones get their shoes comped.  I was there when they hosted the cup, seeing the Bucs and the Bolts beat Philly in game 7 and the NFC championship in consecutive years and then go on to win it all was euphoria.  NHL hockey is popular, snow birds help, college hockey is like lacrosse or men’s volleyball, nobody cares.

Overall hockey is more popular here now than even when we won the Cup because right after was the lockout season and the team went downhill for awhile.  It has been revitalized since Vinik has taken over and the team is real good again.

But your point is legit.  Who knows how amateur college hockey would go over.  Plus there is no teams to play in the South and all our money is going towards football which it should, so its a mute point anyway.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

On 2/11/2020 at 12:43 PM, Jonesy Bull said:

Why can't either Lacrosse or Hockey get into the NCAA level.  Does it have more to do with Title IV restrictions, or just not enough competition in the South to make it happen right now?

Title IX and money.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Stamcrows said:

Title IX and money.

Pesky Money always gets in the way

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

On 2/13/2020 at 5:33 AM, Jonesy Bull said:

Plus there is no teams to play in the South and all our money is going towards football which it should, so its a mute point anyway.

Moot point not mute, some jackA$$ got me with the grammar police last week so I am paying it forward, agree that FB is everything and needs to be the focus followed closely by MBB.  

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

8 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Moot point not mute, some jackA$$ got me with the grammar police last week so I am paying it forward, agree that FB is everything and needs to be the focus followed closely by MBB.  

Are you sure we shouldn’t just play as many sports as possible and not care what the records, just be happy we’re competing?

image.png.c1d85973d15d0fa2678c5c55f9e2ce45.png

Edited by Roaming Bull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,881
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Are you sure we shouldn’t just play as many sports as possible and not care what the records, just be happy we’re competing?

As long as we can develop great men and women and prepare them for the future then I really don’t think we should even keep score.

Guest Jonesy Bull
9 hours ago, Friscobull said:

Ok my bad....Moot point.

Although some of these guys on here should be muted!