• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Official National Signing Day Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i dont believe for a second coach scott didnt watch last years games

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

15 hours ago, OnTheBus said:

From what I’ve read, we’re rolling over additional (more than 25) scholarships this class, so there should be space for more transfers.

A shame that CJS didn’t have a complete recruiting cycle to maximize the additional scholarships, but that’s beyond anyone’s control.

If I’m CJS, I save some of those rollerover slots for next year’s cycle, and take maximum advantage of the pipelines built this year, instead of accepting as many transfers as possible this cycle.

Can’t hold a half-baked class against CJS, when he only had half of a cycle to work with.

he will still get us into a bowl game

i wouldnt hold anything against cjs yet

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

17 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Did we get mad at Gilbert for saying that?

15 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Also it's not apples to apples as an OC should be watching way more tape than the HC. Especially since it appears CJS is using the CEO heads coach approach. 

He mentioned at an event last night that while he hasn't watched, all the position coaches are watching.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

He mentioned at an event last night that while he hasn't watched, all the position coaches are watching.  

CR - I need to get to these events where he is speaking...I haven't heard of much. Is this an Iron Bull thing? How do I get on your "+1" list?

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  1

I have had a slammed week so I just got to watch his NSD press conference. I love that he says no position is set yet. Make it a competition until we get MUCH closer to season. 

Since he was hired he has made some decent grabs from the portal and NSD looked good. I feel like there is a light at the end of this tunnel. 

1 hour ago, mj796 said:

CR - I need to get to these events where he is speaking...I haven't heard of much. Is this an Iron Bull thing? How do I get on your "+1" list?

It was an Iron Bull event.  It was a lot of his earlier press conference but some added details/stories.  

One was interesting. The day after we offered him the job he was offered by an unnamed P5 school. Said he called someone (also unnamed) whose opinion he trusted at ESPN (may have mentioned College Game Day).  The guy told him the USF job could be a great job. Said he could get them to the level of UCF or Memphis.  CJS told him he plans to get us way past them to the point where they'll want to be like us.  Whether that was true or not he got a big ovation from the crowd.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

It was an Iron Bull event.  It was a lot of his earlier press conference but some added details/stories.  

One was interesting. The day after we offered him the job he was offered by an unnamed P5 school. Said he called someone (also unnamed) whose opinion he trusted at ESPN (may have mentioned College Game Day).  The guy told him the USF job could be a great job. Said he could get them to the level of UCF or Memphis.  CJS told him he plans to get us way past them to the point where they'll want to be like us.  Whether that was true or not he got a big ovation from the crowd.

I am so excited about our football future for the first time in a long, long  time. 

Without giving away anything he asked to keep within the group, he seems to be a very thorough guy. He went into his thought process and reasons for things he's done/going to do.  Slide shows with the bullet points he's given the team, talked about his Best is the Norm thing, just absolutely impressed.  Got to talk with the other coaches and his dad. I "kiddingly" told his dad that I don't want to see any flights up to Michigan in the next few days and he just laughed. Told me he has no plans to go anywhere.  You can never say never but he plans on being here for the long haul. 

During his talk CJS talked about the long term.  Said he'll hit the transfer portal as needed for now but hopes not to be a major player in it in time. He went on for over an hour which included introducing the coaches and highlights from the signees.  When he introduced the coaches he had slides showing their families. Talked about how his decision to come here and his decision would effect up to 20 families who come here with him.  Like I said, just a thoughtful guy. 

Pat White was cool. Standing around with him and another guy, the other guy mentioned how the Moffatt interception was in all our highlight reels he chuckled and embraced it.  Actually had someone take a pic so I could send it to a friend who is a big WV fan.  Charlie Weis is younger than my kid - and looks it.  Said he moved to So. Tampa.  

At the end of the evening CJS talked about how everyone has to make great effort - from Steven Currall to MK to himself to the staff, to the players and, of course, the fans.  But that was the only sales pitch all night.  

So, I'll do my part.  Even if you gave during the Bullspen fund raiser for the IPF, make another contribution.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, mj796 said:

He mentioned yesterday in the press conference.

If you missed it,  click this link USF Signing Day Press Conference

go to time stamp 15:42 and he talks about his position coaches watching previous season game film, but he abstained to give all players a clean slate.

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 hours ago, Nick Carroll said:

I have had a slammed week so I just got to watch his NSD press conference. I love that he says no position is set yet. Make it a competition until we get MUCH closer to season. 

Since he was hired he has made some decent grabs from the portal and NSD looked good. I feel like there is a light at the end of this tunnel. 

Agree 100%