• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rascati Leaving Louisville, Considers USF, UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  420
  • Days Won:  0

Rascati Leaving Louisville, Considers USF, UCF

By BRETT McMURPHY bmcmurphy@tampatrib.com

Published: Mar 23, 2004

TAMPA - Louisville freshman quarterback Justin Rascati was granted his release to transfer from the school Monday and South Florida is among his possible destinations.

Rascati (6-2, 215) on Monday informed UL coach Bobby Petrino of his decision to leave but is expected to complete the Cardinals' spring drills, a UL spokesman said.

Rascati was set to replace UL starter Stefan LeFors, a senior this fall. However, the Cardinals apparently are paving the way for highly touted high school senior Brian Brohm to replace LeFors. Brohm's brother, Jeff, is UL's quarterbacks coach and his father, Greg, is director of football operations.

In limited action backing up LeFors last year, Rascati was 14 of 24 for 177 yards, two interceptions and a touchdown.

A Class 5A all-state quarterback as a junior in 2000 and senior in 2001 at Gainesville Buchholz, Rascati told the Gainesville Sun he is considering USF and UCF along with Division I-AA schools Eastern Illinois, Indiana State and Tennessee-Chattanooga.

If Rascati, who redshirted at UL in 2002, transfers to a Division I-A school, he would have to sit out the 2004 season and would only have two years of eligibility remaining. He could play in 2004 at a I-AA school with three years of eligibility.

USF coaches cannot comment on transfers until they are enrolled in school.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

I would say our chances are VERY GOOD !!!

Go BULLS !!!

Guest BasketBull.

We WILL need a stud QB when we enter the Big East, and I would rather not have a freshman starting -that is if we recruit one after this next season.

If he's good, I'm all for it!

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

But, a two year and out who doesn't know the system is a question mark.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

But, a two year and out who doesn't know the system is a question mark.

He would have a yr to sit and learn the system.

Can they practice with the team as a transfer?

Guest ncaascout

the first of several others whose names will be announced next month.  Heard some pretty impressive names mentioned of possible transfers-should know soon-Bulls will look good in the NBE.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

I BULLieve so

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

In my opinion... he will end up at UCF if it becomes between us and them. New coach with a new system. O'Leary will get a transfer better than what they have starting now... he will learn O'Leary's system during the summer and watch the other QB go down in flames during the fall... their current QB really isn't all that IMO. Others might disagree, but after watching the kid, I don't personally think he could lead UCF to sand if we left him in a desert. O'Leary will recruit a good QB that he can redshirt with Rascati at the helm during the 2005 season. Rascati will win the battle at QB during the spring of 2005. He will give us fits when we play them, but we take care of business in the first edition of the "War on I-4".