• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rascati Leaving Louisville, Considers USF, UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

he hasn't played much so he is  like a freshman

i say pass on him and bring i a top freshman QB.

we got julmiste for 3 more years

sheriff-  i like desert comment

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

the first of several others whose names will be announced next month.  Heard some pretty impressive names mentioned of possible transfers-should know soon-Bulls will look good in the NBE.

Have any school names for hints?

I would want him and BULLieve he would pick us over "them" ... we have a system better suited and "they" are still unknown system. . . and I would say they have "names" at QB position already.

AND we're a better team  ;D

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Here is the original article I posted a couple of days ago in another thread:

INTERESTED OBSERVER: Attending the Gator practice Friday afternoon was former Buchholz quarterback Justin Rascati, who is the second-string signal caller at Louisville - for now.

Rascati, The Sun' Class 3A-5A player of the year in 2001, is planning to transfer after spring practice (which begins next Thursday) and already has received his release.

He said the signing of quarterback Brian Brohm, who has two relatives on the Cardinals' staff (brother Jeff is the quarterbacks coach and father Greg is the newly hired director of football operations) has made the remaining Cardinals' quarterbacks fearful of their status. And coach Bobby Petrino's in-season flirtation with the not-even-available Auburn job made players question their coach's loyalty to the program.

Rascati (6-3, 215 pounds) said he and his family are looking at numerous schools, including Division I Central Florida and South Florida, where he would have to sit out a year, and Division I-AA Eastern Illinois, Indiana State and Tennessee-Chattanooga, where he could play immediately.

Rascati (14-of-24 for 177 yards, two interceptions and a TD as a redshirt freshman in 2003) was in town on spring break and came to practice to watch former Buchholz teammates Billy Latsko, the Gators' starting fullback, and Eric Nappy, a backup kicker.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

howiep- thanks for staying on top of this

i think if a transfer doesn't have 3 years eligibilty we should pass unless he is a superstar that would start immediately

Howie's the MAN !

He can always walk on like that other Louisville transfer to USF, Caleb Leavitt. If he then produces we can give him a scholarship.  ;D

Speaking of which ... where did Caleb end up at ... he has left the BULLS, correct?

Speaking of which ... where did Caleb end up at ... he has left the BULLS, correct?

He's listed on the spring roster on the Official USF site, but that's not saying much.  ;)

36 Caleb Leavitt P 6-5 210 Fr. Jacksonville, Fla. Bolles (Louisville)

http://isis.fastmail.usf.edu/usf-athletics/Sports/football/2004/03mediacenter/04springroster.pdf

USF On Rascati's List

Published: Mar 24, 2004

If USF is interested, the Bulls could land Louisville quarterback Justin Rascati, his father Michael said Tuesday.

A two-time all-state quarterback at Gainesville Buchholz, Justin was granted his release from Louisville on Monday. Michael said his son is considering USF, UCF and five Division I-AA schools.

UCF already has offered Justin a scholarship; USF has not, Michael said. Justin would have to sit out the 2004 season at a I-A school, leaving two years of eligibility.

``USF is on our list and Coach [Jim] Leavitt knows Justin's looking to transfer,'' said Michael, who called Leavitt twice in the past two months. ``Coach Leavitt said he wants to go through spring ball and see what he ends up with at QB.

``I'm not upset at all with USF. If they have a need, they can call us. I don't need to call any more. It's up to them.''

Rascati said his son would complete spring drills at Louisville and wouldn't make a decision until late April. Brett McMurphy

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Can you say preferred walkon status?  However IMO he's worth a schollie considering the Bulls QB depth.