• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rascati Leaving Louisville, Considers USF, UCF

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236
  • Days Won:  0

He and his father were at UCF's practices this past week.  McMurphy is late on this one, Brandon broke this story last week.  Either way, he is a good kid but I always am concerened when guys transfer because of new competition.  

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

STK,

IMO Rascati's situation screams "TRANSFER" especially due to the Brohm relatives on the staff and a Brohm brother being the QB coach.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

...McMurphy is late on this one, Brandon broke this story last week.

This is nothin' personal but here's a little gas for the USF-UCF hate fest.  Ya mean Brandon didn't mention this in his story.  Maybe you shoulda took a closer look at McMurhy's article.

Rascati was set to replace UL starter Stefan LeFors, a senior this fall. However, the Cardinals apparently are paving the way for highly touted high school senior Brian Brohm to replace LeFors. Brohm's brother, Jeff, is UL's quarterbacks coach and his father, Greg, is director of football operations.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

could heat up the UL rivalry, if he he is a stud and starts 2005 and 2006 in the big east, i trust JL to make the right decisions with this and other transfer issues

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

i thought caleb left

isn't he a kicker

he won't displace gramatica

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

In my opinion... he will end up at UCF if it becomes between us and them. New coach with a new system. O'Leary will get a transfer better than what they have starting now... he will learn O'Leary's system during the summer and watch the other QB go down in flames during the fall... their current QB really isn't all that IMO. Others might disagree, but after watching the kid, I don't personally think he could lead UCF to sand if we left him in a desert. O'Leary will recruit a good QB that he can redshirt with Rascati at the helm during the 2005 season. Rascati will win the battle at QB during the spring of 2005. He will give us fits when we play them, but we take care of business in the first edition of the "War on I-4".

Sheriff is a forward thinking kind of guy.  But I think he's gonna end up with you.  Moffet was more highly regarded coming out of high school.  We could probably use more depth at that position.  But I think Rascatti has got to like the chances of taking out a starter at USF.  Then Jim may not be interested because he thinks he can hold out and grab a HS qb next year, and it would help to get a better hs qb if he doesn't pick up a new QB on the depth chart.  Is jim hot in talks with any area QBs of promise?

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

if julmiste steps up and does well

rascati would have no chance of playing here

he should go to a 1aa school where he can play  this septemeber

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

did we recruit this kid?

if so why did he not come here?

is there any baggage, dad seems overly outspoken?

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

Rascati (6-2, 215) on Monday informed UL coach Bobby Petrino of his decision to leave but is expected to complete the Cardinals' spring drills, a UL spokesman said.

Why would a coach let a player who told him he was leaving participate in spring drills? Doesn't make any sense unless he thinks by letting him participate he will change his mind?