• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Agree or disagree?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9
  • Days Won:  0

Clemson does not take a commitment from a player who wants to keep visiting. When the player is finished visiting, they will take the commitment if they still have the space. The policy has worked well & prevents de-commitments (bad press). The no transfers/no JuCos is another matter. LSU & Ohio State were loaded with both. Dabo just does not like "rentals". It is unlikely that Jeff Scott will ever be in shape to institute the no transfers/no JuCos policy at USF. There is not much left in OLs in the transfer portal this year so it will be interesting to see who he can come up with.

As far as trying to flip players, commitments are just commitments. They are all fair game until they sign. If Clemson winds up with an extra spot or a shortage in one area, they sometimes offer a player late. Travis Etienne is an example. Believe he was committed to TX A&M but wanted LSU. LSU was slow-playing him while waiting on a couple of other RBs. Clemson swooped in & got him.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

6 hours ago, BiggTipp said:

So I wonder how that works the other way. I know CJS made it sound like an engagement...so what about recruits committed elsewhere? Does he still go after them or leave them be because they are spoken for? Its always cool to flip a kid but I think that means they were not 100% to start with.

I think he's already got at least 2 that were committed elsewhere ....... of course, the App State kid wasn't a flip. He couldn't qualify there so USF, who's known for taking questionable recruits, swooped in and got him. :roflmao:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If a kid "commits" to some other school but is still taking visits, I don't see how that goes against CJS's preferred policy. He simply says he doesn't want kids "committing" to USF until they're sure. I don't blame him for either. If a kid says I'm committed elsewhere, but still wants to come to USF for a visit, that's fair game. If CJS says that while he's here on said visit and wants to "commit," that's the end of the road or his scholarship is no longer set it stone, that's his prerogative and still aligns with his policy.