• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Per Joey Knight Twitter post no usf meeting at 10am

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  126
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Orlando Bull said:

This... Forget about CJL for a minute here... IF indeed CJL was MKs guy and the BoT vetoed it... I think we have bigger issues and wouldn't get too attached to MK. I highly doubt that this is true, but, it would be a real cause for concern about how much USF is really supporting their athletics department and specifically the guy they have tasked with running it if they won't let him make the decisions.

Yes, I agree they would be undermining the AD...that is my biggest concern. If he never was MKs guy, then fine, but if they rejected it, that would be a bad situation.

1 minute ago, OnTheBus said:

If you have reason to think the BoT played a role, spit out your evidence or stop stirring the pot.

There is nothing suggesting this is the case other than a user who only joined here half a week ago.

It was taken from Grothe, check his twitter...if it is not true, then I would not have any issue with it. But if it is actually true, we would have to question whether the university actually wants athletics to succeed. They have a proven history of focusing on the research aspect over athletics.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806

3 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

If you have reason to think the BoT played a role, spit out your evidence or stop stirring the pot.

There is nothing suggesting this is the case other than a user who only joined here half a week ago.

Sorry did not mean to downvote but now it won’t let me change it

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740

Just now, RoyD3 said:

It was taken from Grothe, check his twitter...if it is not true, then I would not have any issue with it. But if it is actually true, we would have to question whether the university actually wants athletics to succeed. They have a proven history of focusing on the research aspect over athletics.

Grothe is not a USF decision maker.

Him saying “It was almost a done deal and not sure what shifted. But it looks like something happened“ doesn’t hold much water to me.

And if you think the University doesn’t want the football program to succeed, why would they go and hire a multi-national championship winning coordinator with direct local ties?

3 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

Corroborate your ‘rumors’ por favor, otherwise your just trolling. And for some reason people are buying into it.

Just trying to piece together all the information. I will 100% support who we hire, as long as MK tells us all the process after it is all complete, I will be satisfied. 

1 minute ago, OnTheBus said:

Grothe is not a USF decision maker.

Him saying “It was almost a done deal and not sure what shifted. But it looks like something happened“ doesn’t hold much water to me.

And if you think the University doesn’t want the football program to succeed, why would they go and hire a multi-national championship winning coordinator with direct local ties?

Yes, but how did CCS work out? He had won Natl Championships as a D coord with Florida. If we had Dabo coming in, I would agree with you 100%.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, RoyD3 said:

Just trying to piece together all the information. I will 100% support who we hire, as long as MK tells us all the process after it is all complete, I will be satisfied. 

Why does MK need to tell you who he interviewed, reached out to, etc.?

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Why does MK need to tell you who he interviewed, reached out to, etc.?

Actually it is a public university, with public funding, so they are required by law.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 minute ago, RoyD3 said:

Actually it is a public university, with public funding, so they are required by law.

To produce any documentation.  Verbal communication is not discoverable.  You are more than welcome to submit an FOI request.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Guys relax. They're just meeting with boosters first to work out the details on the IPF and OCS befor Scott signs his contract. No pressure.