• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here is the buyout....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

4 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

But they can’t pitch in the other $20 for the practice facility which will be used for multiple sports?

I was just guessing as to where that $700 mil number came from.  But even if it is they have to plan for the WHOLE university, not just Athletics.  They may be able to loan the other 50% when the time comes for the IPF but that is a wild arse guess on my part.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

26 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

That could be what is under control of the USF Foundation which would include endowed scholarships, building pledges, etc.  That is for all colleges in the University.  I had said this before, if this secret document was okayed by the Foundation then they should step up.  Maybe they did.

But my understanding is that the dollars in the foundation is a closed book and cannot be seen...is that correct? I really hope that the next contract is not hidden away. 

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But my understanding is that the dollars in the foundation is a closed book and cannot be seen...is that correct? I really hope that the next contract is not hidden away. 

It may be a private foundation but I am out of my league on such matters.  Really guessing here.

And the Foundation is looking for a new leader as Joel Momberg has retired (believe in Oct).

Edited by CousinRicky

Just now, CousinRicky said:

It may be a private foundation but I am out of my league on such matters.  Really guessing here.

Got it...same. It just seems fishy to me when a public university does not print the details of coach. Here in NH the paper actually publishes every state university’s salary in the paper. The hockey coach at UNH made more than the governor 😂😂

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Got it...same. It just seems fishy to me when a public university does not print the details of coach. Here in NH the paper actually publishes every state university’s salary in the paper. The hockey coach at UNH made more than the governor 😂😂

Pretty sure there are a lot of state school football coaches making more than the governors of their respective states. You can find Charley's salary - just not this secret buyout thing.

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Pretty sure there are a lot of state school football coaches making more than the governors of their respective states. You can find Charley's salary - just not this secret buyout thing.

True...especially in Alabama 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

20 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/22454170/highest-paid-state-employees-include-ncaa-coaches-nick-saban-john-calipari-dabo-swinney-bill-self-bob-huggins

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, hm101 said:

We all need to do our part. Kelly just took a 5m bite out of his world... time to support the program.

Bump ..........