• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

American Athletic Conference Revenue Comparison by School (Off Topic)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Bull Nut said:

Flip flop, can I call you flip flop? You see flip flop, First you said UCF doesn't need the money from 2 for 1 deals. Then you said it's all about the money.

I guess we're looking at it differently. From an outsider standpoint, UCF is not taking two for ones because they don't want to give up the ticket allotment that bigger programs request and the additional away game which is dipping into UCF's pockets.

From UCF standpoint, we don't need to take the two-for-one deals with bigger programs because we can play lesser competition and bring in the same revenue and then some.

We're saying the same thing just in a different way, however the UCF version is playing the victim just a tad. If UCF fans want to follow that narrative then they can't complain that quality teams wont play UCF. Cold hard truth is the elite programs control the land. Play by their rules or don't play them.

As far as my comments regarding the stadium. It is basic financial understanding that any debt carries its own inherent risks. Not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, but there are risks involved. It makes total sense that UCF doesn't want to give up the extra home game, if they're being smart they're taking that extra revenue/profit that they're generating and putting it in their coffers for a rainy day. Right now the debt of the stadium may not be a strain on the program, but shitt happens. Ticket sales could fall through the floor, alternative viewing options becoming more competitive, boosters dry up, etc. There are variables that have to be taken into consideration when carrying debt and scheduling 2 for 1s. 

Who knows, when UCF football starts to fall (maybe they have started already), the scheduling philosophy may change again.

The bottom line is (I'm sticking to my original point), USF and UCF have a different set of circumstances that influence their respective decisions regarding scheduling 2 for 1s.  USF needs pay days to build facilities and UCF needs more home games to support current and future expenses.

Wouldn't put much more effort in this. Remember, you're dealing with mopes who actually still think the NCAA recognized their faux national championship ..........

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Wouldn't put much more effort in this. Remember, you're dealing with mopes who actually still think the NCAA recognized their faux national championship ..........

Frustrated Head GIF by swerk

• 7 months later...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

On 11/20/2019 at 10:43 PM, SquareKnight said:

I actually agree with most of this post.  I agree that UCF's scheduling philosophy may change for a variety of reasons.

The following information is not intended  as an argument, just to provide factual clarification for some things posted by both of us.

I don't recall ever saying "UCF doesn't need the money from 2 for 1 deals."  But in reality, we don't.  Away only payday games pay a higher guarantee than the third game in 2-for-1 deals, and UCF's home game revenue produces more profit than the guarantees paid for the third game in 2-for-1 deals. So, strictly from an income standpoint, a 2-for-1 deal is only the THIRD best option for UCF to generate the maximum amount of income. 

Yes, all debt carries some amount of risk.  But risk associated with UCF's football stadium is EXTREMELY minimal. In fact, in the fiscal year ending June 2017 (covering the 2016 football season, before UCF came anywhere close to selling out season tickets and with prices lower than we have now) the stadium corporation transferred $5.147 million to the UCF athletics association after satisfying all debt obligations for the year. For the fiscal year ending June 2018 (covering the 2017 football season) that number increased to $6.567 million. This indicates that UCF Athletics is nowhere near worried about the stadium corporation generating the income required for debt payments.     

Yearly debt payments on UCF's stadium are about $3.6 million.  Stadium Corporation revenue from premium seating (suites), naming rights, commissions and sponsorships totals $4.009 million for the fiscal year ending June 2018. That LITERALLY means that UCF doesn't need to sell a single ticket all season, and there is still enough revenue to pay the stadium's debt service.

Those risks I mentioned about carrying debt... They're here. Will UCF have enough revenue to cover the debt service without football this fall? Not trying to be a ****, honest question.

32 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Those risks I mentioned about carrying debt... They're here. Will UCF have enough revenue to cover the debt service without football this fall? Not trying to be a ****, honest question.

Honest answer ...... They've got a history of cooking the books. They'll be fine.

1 hour ago, footnfan1 said:

UCF will be fine.

image.png.3e72b19012a91b3429d196eb13aa889c.png

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Well played.

• 6 months later...

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

On 11/18/2019 at 11:18 AM, Triple B said:

LOL ... maybe I missed it but I don't think anyone's saying that they scheduled us because they respect us, and if they did say it, they're wrong. Fact is they don't really respect either of our programs, yours probably less so because of the assklownery exhibited. They just like ours enough to throw us a bone with 2-1's, location definitely a factor, which is fine. Bottom line is that we've got 6 games with a couple of the top programs in the country, with the icing being 2 at home (where I fully understand we'll be outnumbered in the stands) ..... and the anticipation leading up to those games will be better than leading up to any aac game, even a conf championship one, which is kind of sad to acknowledge but I think true. 

I can guarantee that despite the coach speak, the P5 does not respect either program. At the end of the day we got the pay day games and the home games, and they don't because they wouldn't accept their station in life.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

This is sad. UCF fans coming to troll our message board. Talk about fragile egos.

If you've been beating us, try acting like you've been there. Running to another school's message board with delusions and braggadocio is a bad look.

Emulate footnfan1. He's always welcome here because he's rational, objective and a good guy who rescues dogs and isn't delusional about the state of either program.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

This is sad. UCF fans coming to troll our message board. Talk about fragile egos.

If you've been beating us, try acting like you've been there. Running to another school's message board with delusions and braggadocio is a bad look.

Emulate footnfan1. He's always welcome here because he's rational, objective and a good guy who rescues dogs and isn't delusional about the state of either program.

I represent that remark George! Tough week for us, UCF lost  an AD, a football HC, and above all else, my wife and I lost our first ever rescue, Jack. 14 years here, we were his 5th home in less than 12 months,he was a holy mess, but love and attention, turned that boy around. We had to help him pass on Thursday, my life has been a **** mess since then. On we go.3 others to love and care for, 2 of the  deaf! JnsSorG.jpg Best of luck to every USF and UCF fan. Hug your puppies everyone.