• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

American Athletic Conference Revenue Comparison by School (Off Topic)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

You clearly don't know the facts. UCF's stadium revenue is FAR more than what is necessary to pay the debt service. In fact, each year the stadium corporation transfers a significant amount of money to the UCF Athletics Association from the PROFIT it makes on the stadium.  UCF uses the money from the extra home game to increase its GENERAL athletic budget...which by the way is over $15 million MORE than USF's budget.

You are high if you think UCF is not scheduling two for ones because of some sort of moral high road stance they're trying to take. It's about the money, it always is. There is nothing that you can say to convince me otherwise.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,463
  • Days Won:  422

17 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

The college football world knows why Florida and Alabama agreed to those 2-for-1 series. They don't expect you to be a tough game.

So Ohio State hasn't agreed to play us because they expect a tough game ....... The Kanigit rationalization on not having some really nice ooc games is freaking hilarious.

8 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

You are high if you think UCF is not scheduling two for ones because of some sort of moral high road stance they're trying to take. It's about the money, it always is. There is nothing that you can say to convince me otherwise.

This is where I have to disagree. I can fully understand that the delusional AD over there think it's beneath them to schedule pay or 2-1 games with programs they think they are now on par with, based on a couple of exhibition game wins. The numbskull paid departing coaches bonuses based on winning the national championship ..... totally delusional.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

This is where I have to disagree. I can fully understand that the delusional AD over there think it's beneath them to schedule pay or 2-1 games with programs they think they are now on par with, based on a couple of exhibition game wins. The numbskull paid departing coaches bonuses based on winning the national championship ..... totally delusional.

Often times stupidity doesn't have a logical explanation...

16 minutes ago, Bull Nut said:

Often times stupidity doesn't have a logical explanation...

Wouldn't stupidity in itself be that logical explanation when no others fit?

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Wouldn't stupidity in itself be that logical explanation when no others fit?

You might want to dumb that down a little bit for our friends to the east.Charlie Day Head GIF by swerk

2 hours ago, Bull Nut said:

You might want to dumb that down a little bit for our friends to the east.Charlie Day Head GIF by swerk

If we dumbed down everything in here for our friends to the east you'd have a lot of these on this forum .....

image.png.a08c301508f428b8a1aa92624efb1b4e.png

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  139
  • Days Won:  0

I love this board SO much. This thread is fantastic. I never get tired of how USF fans see their program. 

"We were number 2 once!"

"We've had good attendance in the past!"

"2-for-1's are a sign of respect!"

"We're bottom feeders in the AAC because we're too good for it!"

Please keep going, I could listen to this stuff forever. 

11 hours ago, SquareKnight said:

Of course it's about the money. I clearly said that right in my post. Perhaps you might want to try a remedial course in reading comprehension.

I was just correcting a mischaracterization of someone who tried to insinuate that our on campus stadium was somehow a strain on our budget.  The money we get from our extra home games goes to increase our overall budget, not to "barely make the payments on the stadium."

You're as delusional as your athletic director. You never once stated that it's about the money. You just started spouting off random numbers that nobody gives two shitts about. A debt on the balance sheet is a debt on the balance sheet, period.

You clowns are hilarious.  how many USF fans are trolling your boards? I bet zero, because no USF fan would give a **** if UCF fell off the face of the planet tomorrow. 

I get that retail jobs are diminishing, but you all need to find a better use of your time

Edited by Bull Nut
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SquareKnight said:

You're hilarious!

First you post something that is nowhere close to being true.

Then, in response to a post where I stated "UCF uses the money [from the extra home game] to increase its GENERAL athletic budget," you try to insinuate that my post was not about the money, when the quote above CLEARLY indicates that UCF's scheduling of extra home games IS about the money. 

Then you continue your hissy fit by claiming that I "just started spouting off random numbers."  In fact, I only mentioned one number...at the END of my post, after pointing out multiple things that expose your false statement.  And it's not a random number, it is derived from official government reports that are compiled and reported by USA Today here...

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

Flip flop, can I call you flip flop? You see flip flop, First you said UCF doesn't need the money from 2 for 1 deals. Then you said it's all about the money.

I guess we're looking at it differently. From an outsider standpoint, UCF is not taking two for ones because they don't want to give up the ticket allotment that bigger programs request and the additional away game which is dipping into UCF's pockets.

From UCF standpoint, we don't need to take the two-for-one deals with bigger programs because we can play lesser competition and bring in the same revenue and then some.

We're saying the same thing just in a different way, however the UCF version is playing the victim just a tad. If UCF fans want to follow that narrative then they can't complain that quality teams wont play UCF. Cold hard truth is the elite programs control the land. Play by their rules or don't play them.

As far as my comments regarding the stadium. It is basic financial understanding that any debt carries its own inherent risks. Not saying it's necessarily a bad thing, but there are risks involved. It makes total sense that UCF doesn't want to give up the extra home game, if they're being smart they're taking that extra revenue/profit that they're generating and putting it in their coffers for a rainy day. Right now the debt of the stadium may not be a strain on the program, but shitt happens. Ticket sales could fall through the floor, alternative viewing options becoming more competitive, boosters dry up, etc. There are variables that have to be taken into consideration when carrying debt and scheduling 2 for 1s. 

Who knows, when UCF football starts to fall (maybe they have started already), the scheduling philosophy may change again.

The bottom line is (I'm sticking to my original point), USF and UCF have a different set of circumstances that influence their respective decisions regarding scheduling 2 for 1s.  USF needs pay days to build facilities and UCF needs more home games to support current and future expenses.

Edited by Bull Nut