• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

American Athletic Conference Revenue Comparison by School (Off Topic)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

8 hours ago, black&goldeveryday said:

We play in the same conference, have a rivalry and have a game against each other in two week so that seems pretty normal. 

Stop with the rivalry thing already, would you?  That whole "rivalry" thing has been an embarrassment from the beginning.  It was forced - an "arranged" marriage.  It was not organic in Tampa, it was forced upon us, like your mother making you take your cousin to a dance.  It's just not real.  You guys had a few great years.  And then you all handled it like you had never been there before, pretty much like we did with the "Big Four" billboard.  But while Bulls fans can generally tell reality from fantasy, UCF fans eschew reality for a happier, more fulfilling place.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, black&goldeveryday said:

I think he meant more like Alabama. 

Anytime anywhere.  The point is UCF can't schedule a top-tier power 5 program if they wanted to. The capacity issues at Spectrum Field inhibit top-tier P5 programs from traveling to UCF.  UCF's AD likes to hide behind a veil of self delusion and blames unfair scheduling practices by the power 5, when we all know the real issue is a financially driven capacity issue at Spectrum field. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  18
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Bull Nut said:

Anytime anywhere.  The point is UCF can't schedule a top-tier power 5 program if they wanted to. The capacity issues at Spectrum Field inhibit top-tier P5 programs from traveling to UCF.  UCF's AD likes to hide behind a veil of self delusion and blames unfair scheduling practices by the power 5, when we all know the real issue is a financially driven capacity issue at Spectrum field. 

Alabama scheduled you for a trip to Florida and a rent a win twice in their stadium. Stanford just played at UCF this year. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, black&goldeveryday said:

Alabama scheduled you for a trip to Florida and a rent a win twice in their stadium. Stanford just played at UCF this year. 

I guess the the Gators are looking for a vacation game too... Just say it, UCF football is house poor.

I'm sure when Stanford scheduled the home-and-home series with UCF they were counting on a guaranteed win, but hey you can't predict the future. Plus the fact that series wasn't even scheduled by your current athletic director that likes to push a false narrative. But go ahead and keep scheduleing  the likes of UNC, FAMU and FAU and crying that nobody wants to play UCF. 

1 hour ago, Bull Nut said:

I guess the the Gators are looking for a vacation game too... Just say it, UCF football is house poor.

I'm sure when Stanford scheduled the home-and-home series with UCF they were counting on a guaranteed win, but hey you can't predict the future. Plus the fact that series wasn't even scheduled by your current athletic director that likes to push a false narrative. But go ahead and keep scheduleing  the likes of UNC, FAMU and FAU and crying that nobody wants to play UCF. 

And you keep scheduling 2-1 with Louisville. Face it, if the Florida’s and Alabama’s of the world respected you the games would be home and home. They don’t and you need the money. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, black&goldeveryday said:

And you keep scheduling 2-1 with Louisville. Face it, if the Florida’s and Alabama’s of the world respected you the games would be home and home. They don’t and you need the money. 

Respect???? 😂😂😂 Scheduling two for ones has nothing to do with respect and everything to do with getting paid for both USF and UCF. USF needs pay day games to help build out our facilities and UCF can't afford to give up an extra home game because they need the ticket and concession revenue to pay the debt service on Spectrum field. This is the reality of both our programs.

Both of our programs have made questionable financial decisions. USF is currently shackled by an overpaid head coach that we can't afford to buy out. UCF is shackled by debt service obligations on a new stadium and it's impacting their ability to schedule top-tier opponents.

Edited by Bull Nut
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

59 minutes ago, black&goldeveryday said:

Face it, if the Florida’s and Alabama’s of the world respected you the games would be home and home.

LOL ... maybe I missed it but I don't think anyone's saying that they scheduled us because they respect us, and if they did say it, they're wrong. Fact is they don't really respect either of our programs, yours probably less so because of the assklownery exhibited. They just like ours enough to throw us a bone with 2-1's, location definitely a factor, which is fine. Bottom line is that we've got 6 games with a couple of the top programs in the country, with the icing being 2 at home (where I fully understand we'll be outnumbered in the stands) ..... and the anticipation leading up to those games will be better than leading up to any aac game, even a conf championship one, which is kind of sad to acknowledge but I think true. 

27 minutes ago, Triple B said:

LOL ... maybe I missed it but I don't think anyone's saying that they scheduled us because they respect us, and if they did say it, they're wrong. Fact is they don't really respect either of our programs, yours probably less so because of the assklownery exhibited. They just like ours enough to throw us a bone with 2-1's, location definitely a factor, which is fine. Bottom line is that we've got 6 games with a couple of the top programs in the country, with the icing being 2 at home (where I fully understand we'll be outnumbered in the stands) ..... and the anticipation leading up to those games will be better than leading up to any aac game, even a conf championship one, which is kind of sad to acknowledge but I think true. 

Teams don’t want to play in a lose lose situation. If they beat UCF they don’t get credit for a good win and if the lose their season is over. There is less of a chance of that happening by playing USF than UCF. So I would say those teams definitely respect our talent more than yours.

And you would have to play in an AAC championship game to know what kind of hype it would get. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,467
  • Days Won:  422

11 minutes ago, black&goldeveryday said:

Teams don’t want to play in a lose lose situation. If they beat UCF they don’t get credit for a good win and if the lose their season is over. There is less of a chance of that happening by playing USF than UCF. So I would say those teams definitely respect our talent more than yours.

ra·tion·al·i·za·tion

noun
noun: rationalization; plural noun: rationalizations; noun: rationalisation; plural noun: rationalisations
  1. 1.
    the action of attempting to explain or justify behavior or an attitude with logical reasons, even if these are not appropriate.

15 minutes ago, black&goldeveryday said:

And you would have to play in an AAC championship game to know what kind of hype it would get. 

Just call it a hunch.

15 minutes ago, SquareKnight said:

a 34-14 win by FSU vs USF falls into the category of guaranteed win more than a one point Pitt win on a trick play in the last minute of a game.  

The college football world knows why Florida and Alabama agreed to those 2-for-1 series. They don't expect you to be a tough game.

Kind of like when UCF got waxed by Stanford 30-7 in 2015? Did you guys even get a win that season? I can't remember...