• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Anyone that thinks it’s the players holding back the coaches

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, chapelbull said:

That's literally an exaggeration.  Our QB play has hurt this offense though and that isn't an exaggeration

Out of 8205 posts not one has been an exaggeration.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

He may be improving, but criticism was well deserved.  He has often not made throws that middle school QBs should be able to make

And that’s why I said he’s proving otherwise. He’s also been hurt at parts of the season and that could have easily played a part in a freshman QB’s ability to get comfortable. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, OcalaBull2 said:

And that’s why I said he’s proving otherwise. He’s also been hurt at parts of the season and that could have easily played a part in a freshman QB’s ability to get comfortable. 

Allegedly

Allegedly

Lol, come on now. Don’t be a conspiracy theorist 

4 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Lol, come on now. Don’t be a conspiracy theorist 

It's easier to say your freshman QB is injured and that's affecting his play than it is to say he's rally sucking right now (better for his psychy).   I'm sure he was banged up, but who isn't.   

It's easier to say your freshman QB is injured and that's affecting his play than it is to say he's rally sucking right now (better for his psychy).   I'm sure he was banged up, but who isn't.   

So is Barnett not banged up, too? Or Evans who is out under concussion protocol? No, it’s not easy to say your freshman QB is hurt, unless he actually is... so you’re saying we’re tanking intentionally then? 

10 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

49 yard gain from a perfect throw but we’re going to roll with the conspiracies, right?

As well as his TD pass, right?

I’m going to stand by my initial comments of saying this is a system the kids are getting used to, as well as a freshman QB who has been hurt this season. 

Edited by OcalaBull2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,265
  • Days Won:  255

So when people said repeatedly that our talent was near the bottom of the AAC, that’s not what they meant?

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So when people said repeatedly that our talent was near the bottom of the AAC, that’s not what they meant?

Yes, much like every person that has said it’s been Strong’s fault for every player that’s been suspended or has left the team. 

12 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

49 yard gain from a perfect throw but we’re going to roll with the conspiracies, right?

As well as his TD pass, right?

I’m going to stand by my initial comments of saying this is a system the kids are getting used to, as well as a freshman QB who has been hurt this season. 

Stand by what you want.  I agree with getting used to, but that "injured" QB that was overthrowing receivers by 20 yards on one pass and under throwing by 5 on the next was also still running the ball without issue.  Like I said, I'm sure he was banged up, but so is everyone else playing football.   Exactly when did he heal up enough to make that big of a difference?