• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rent at Ray Jay

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

RJS was St. Jim's best tool on the recruiting trail.

An OCS in this day and age of interest in sports waning is a white elephant future administrations would be saddled with. Like the current football coach's contract.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

13 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

RJS was St. Jim's best tool on the recruiting trail.

An OCS in this day and age of interest in sports waning is a white elephant future administrations would be saddled with. Like the current football coach's contract.

Agree, unless we just make it small, I think 35 - 40,000 would serve us well enough. It would make tickets a hot commodity when we sell out, and also with the trend in declining attendance, we wouldn’t be stuck with more capacity than we need. Houston is 40,000. 

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,401
  • Days Won:  10

Aren't there big name programs out there that won't come to smaller stadiums?  I seem to remember that factoring in with UCiF's scheduling a little while ago.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Aren't there big name programs out there that won't come to smaller stadiums?  I seem to remember that factoring in with UCiF's scheduling a little while ago.

UCF can work around that and play big programs at Citrus Bowl. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

9 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Seriously? I doubt it. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

14 hours ago, Bull Daly said:

Cincinnati uses  Paul Brown Stadium for those situations.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

UCF claims it's bad because something something homefield advantage, but on the other side of their mouth they love to talk about how they sold out all their season tickets and are busting at the seams and turning students away because SELLOUT when if that's the case, drive down the 408 and pack the citrus bowl for your game with UF or [big name program who doesn't want to play at bounce house]. the citrus bowl was renovated recently too so it's not a total dump anymore, their fanbase is just angry because they think they're big enough to host the biggest programs (and point to Texas in the 07 opener like it's some sort of rule and not the exception).

or ucf could expand their stadium into the 50k's and then maybe more big programs will come visiting. that's on them. imo, if they're orlando's hometown team, why not play in the middle of downtown for more to see. cincy doesn't seem to care, hell i'd bet if tulane got really good and had to play LSU they'd do it in the superdome, houston has played in the texans stadium before i think too.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

23 minutes ago, Danm1983 said:

UCF claims it's bad because something something homefield advantage, but on the other side of their mouth they love to talk about how they sold out all their season tickets and are busting at the seams and turning students away because SELLOUT when if that's the case, drive down the 408 and pack the citrus bowl for your game with UF or [big name program who doesn't want to play at bounce house]. the citrus bowl was renovated recently too so it's not a total dump anymore, their fanbase is just angry because they think they're big enough to host the biggest programs (and point to Texas in the 07 opener like it's some sort of rule and not the exception).

or ucf could expand their stadium into the 50k's and then maybe more big programs will come visiting. that's on them. imo, if they're orlando's hometown team, why not play in the middle of downtown for more to see. cincy doesn't seem to care, hell i'd bet if tulane got really good and had to play LSU they'd do it in the superdome, houston has played in the texans stadium before i think too.

Nailed it! And yes, I think Tulane did host LSU in Super Dome not long ago

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Bull Daly said:

Nailed it! And yes, I think Tulane did host LSU in Super Dome not long ago

I’s all about the $$$$$$$$$$$!

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/30/2019 at 9:14 PM, Bull Daly said:

If that’s the case, I don’t think they’ve exercised the option at all.