• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls returning talent while Memphis shops for it

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Yeah but you can already pencil in Memphis into the elite 8....

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Thats a big stretch.....i know they have great players coming in  but they are still 1st year players / freshman.

That is interesting though that we have the most returning players and minutes......expererience and continuity is huge!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Not saying I don’t want similar talent in recruits, but the word around the campfire is his are one and dones.  He won’t return talent next year either.  Can he bring back  Calipari-level success?  We’ll see.  

Guest Jonesy Bull
16 minutes ago, Brad said:

Not saying I don’t want similar talent in recruits, but the word around the campfire is his are one and dones.  He won’t return talent next year either.  Can he bring back  Calipari-level success?  We’ll see.  

Its a great accomplishment for an AAC team to have the top recruiting class.

But your right, question is will he be able to keep that ongoing.....Maybe but I doubt it.  I do believe though that Penny is a really good get for Memphis.

39 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

Thats a big stretch.....i know they have great players coming in  but they are still 1st year players / freshman.

That is interesting though that we have the most returning players and minutes......expererience and continuity is huge!

Don’t think that is a stretch at all. Most preseason predictions since the signing day have them in the top 10...https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-losing-coach-john-beilein-knocks-michigan-out-of-early-top-25-and-1/amp/

Experience does help but CBB has so much turnover I don’t think it as big as some other sports. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Don’t think that is a stretch at all. Most preseason predictions since the signing day have them in the top 10...https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/college-basketball-rankings-losing-coach-john-beilein-knocks-michigan-out-of-early-top-25-and-1/amp/

Experience does help but CBB has so much turnover I don’t think it as big as some other sports. 

On paper they certainly have the potential to be a top 10 team.....how they come together a "Team" will be key.

On paper i do put put them a little ahead if USF right now.  But close.

3 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

On paper they certainly have the potential to be a top 10 team.....how they come together a "Team" will be key.

On paper i do put put them a little ahead if USF right now.  But close.

I love USF basketball but I think there is a gap there already. Only time will tell. Looking forward to Nov. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

They landed guys named Boogie and Precious, don’t even need to see the tape, they have final four potential IMO. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Friscobull said:

They landed guys named Boogie and Precious, don’t even need to see the tape, they have final four potential IMO. 

That Precious name is just terrible...who the hell would do that to a child?