• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dakota Trice - LB - Transfer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  291
  • Content Count:  2,667
  • Days Won:  0

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

More practice Depth at a thin position.  

Edit: Also, I saw this kid when JU played Marist this past fall.  I remember him making a few nice stops and forcing a fumble.  He stood out compared to what was on the field that day but this is just practice depth and maybe a special teams body.  Anything else is a bonus 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,519
  • Days Won:  28

18 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

More practice Depth at a thin position.  

Edit: Also, I saw this kid when JU played Marist this past fall.  I remember him making a few nice stops and forcing a fumble.  He stood out compared to what was on the field that day but this is just practice depth and maybe a special teams body.  Anything else is a bonus 

He led the entire team in tackles his sophomore year. I don't see how you are so sure he will be a practice squad player. 

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He led the entire team in tackles his sophomore year. I don't see how you are so sure he will be a practice squad player. 

Because JU is a bad non-scholarship FCS team and I saw him play, in person,  what was one of his "best games" last season against Marist and he didn't jump off the field anymore than me saying "that kid is having a good game".  He looked good for that level but not some kind of monster that was a man among  boys who was destined to play at a much higher level.   I've seen the kid in person and the vast majority of PWO's, no matter where they come from are just what I said, depth and special teams.   Is there a chance he could be more than that? Sure, why not.  Is it likely or the norm for his situation?  Absolutely not.  That is why I'm confident in my eval.      

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Because JU is a bad non-scholarship FCS team and I saw him play, in person,  what was one of his "best games" last season against Marist and he didn't jump off the field anymore than me saying "that kid is having a good game".  He looked good for that level but not some kind of monster that was a man among  boys who was destined to play at a much higher level.   I've seen the kid in person and the vast majority of PWO's, no matter where they come from are just what I said, depth and special teams.   Is there a chance he could be more than that? Sure, why not.  Is it likely or the norm for his situation?  Absolutely not.  That is why I'm confident in my eval.      

I got you. Good point made. I just can't ignore a 71 tackle season. The highest anybody had on USF was Khalid Magee at 64.  I'll keep an eye on buddy. hopefully he can at least be a good special teams player. 

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I got you. Good point made. I just can't ignore a 71 tackle season. The highest anybody had on USF was Khalid Magee at 64.  I'll keep an eye on buddy. hopefully he can at least be a good special teams player. 

Me too. I want every kid that comes to USF to be a stud but I always try to be honest with myself about what I see in them coming in. It's keeps the expectations realistic and it makes those kids that surprise everyone more special IMO. If I think they're all gunna be great nobody will ever surprise me. That would be hella boring lol

• Haha 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,537
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I just can't ignore a 71 tackle season. The highest anybody had on USF was Khalid Magee at 64.

That was 71 total tackles. Magee had 111 total tackles, 64 solo ...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Didn't Sanchez, who took a beating on this board, have like 120 tackles in a season...twice?

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

That was 71 total tackles. Magee had 111 total tackles, 64 solo ...

Still a lot and the most on the team. 

• ???? 1

On 4/30/2019 at 5:23 PM, JTrue said:

Didn't Sanchez, who took a beating on this board, have like 120 tackles in a season...twice?

There were a few vocal posters that had a thing about going after him. He was a great 2 down LB and one of the best we ever had. His ability to run a defense was so underrated. Like losing Sawtelle this season the defense looked lost when he wasn't generaling those first two downs. He wasn't the greatest in coverage but some of that was coaches asking too much of him, other times teams teams schemed to put him in bad spots. But as a whole he's one of the best to ever do it here and we've had some great college LBs 

• Upvote 2