• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WE NEED OUR OWN STADIUM ON CAMPUS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

BTW, all of you who think that an on campus stadium gives you free reign to storm the field are clueless.  There would be the exact same security measures on campus as there are at Ray Jay.

Your actially the clueless one, because if we have an on campus stadium it is run by the athletic department not TSA, therefore we would have free reign to storm the field. If you read the posts USF athletics gave permission to storm the field and TSA intervened and stopped it. OWN STADIUM = OWN RULES NO GLASERS NO TSA....do your HW before commenting

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

hey genius, I believe you mean LEGION Field.  Legends is about 500 yds west of Ray Jay.  

BTW, all of you who think that an on campus stadium gives you free reign to storm the field are clueless.  There would be the exact same security measures on campus as there are at Ray Jay.  The rules are in place to protect the players, officials, and FANS.  Remember a few years ago when an opposing coach KO'd a kid who ran onto the field after a game?

STAY OFF THE **** FIELD!!!

Did I pee in your cornflakes this morning? No, well than I am sorry for whatever I did that made you so angry. You are correct I accidently put Legends instead of Legion, boy do I feel stupid :-[. That typo must ruin all of my arguements, thanks again for your insight. Bye the way I too would like to know how you know that we would adopt TSA security measures if we were ever to build our stadium in the distant future?

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Your actially the clueless one, because if we have an on campus stadium it is run by the athletic department not TSA, therefore we would have free reign to storm the field. If you read the posts USF athletics gave permission to storm the field and TSA intervened and stopped it. OWN STADIUM = OWN RULES NO GLASERS NO TSA....do your HW before commenting

There is one word that all of you are forgetting....LIABILITY!!!!!

I don't care who is running an on campus stadium.  There is WAY too much liability involved by letting students run on the field.  Mark my words, if an on campus stadium ever sees the light of day, you won't be running your ass on it unless you're sprinting away from the U.P.

Funny how you think that just because the university would run the facility that they'll let a bunch of chuckleheads have free reign over the field.  Utterly unbelievable.  One day you'll get it, one day.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

Agree 100%.  Doesn't even have to be EXACTLY on campus - just our own.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

There is one word that all of you are forgetting....LIABILITY!!!!!

I don't care who is running an on campus stadium.  There is WAY too much liability involved by letting students run on the field.  Mark my words, if an on campus stadium ever sees the light of day, you won't be running your ass on it unless you're sprinting away from the U.P.

Funny how you think that just because the university would run the facility that they'll let a bunch of chuckleheads have free reign over the field.  Utterly unbelievable.  One day you'll get it, one day.

Correct, and well said.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

Sorry to hear that you couldn't storm the field - even moreso about the way the cops/TS acted over it.

You probably know we stormed it - in the Future it had a quote that someone asked the cop what they would do if he stormed and they smiled and said "absolutely nothing"  There was also a party back on campus with the goalpost that cops just let happen.  

This was just for snapping a streak - a program changing win encompasses the community.  Do USFPD also work your games?

Finally - one way to get back at them is to get the students all in on it and storm the field after a win over a patsy where they won't be ready for you.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Finally - one way to get back at them is to get the students all in on it and storm the field after a win over a patsy where they won't be ready for you.

No, they had the security in place for the UCF game also so that rules out your patsy theory.....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Very true there was next to no one left at that game and they still came out in mass (who in their right mind would storm the field after beating UCF?). Less cops at that game but the same amount of TSA.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Not until we can afford it, and not a rinky dink box, but a state of the art stadium

The issue is this: There were only 40-50 security personnel there.  They easily grabbed the 10-15 people who tried storming the field.

Why didn't more people try storming the field??

I will tell you. There was no emotion there.

Sure it was a GREAT game. Sure I was pumped and yelling the whole game.  Sure I had the best time at this game.

But by the time the game ended, the drama was gone.

It wasn't like a double overtime win.  It wasn't like we one on the last play of the game.  It wasn't like we had to come from behnid (like we did in 2003).

If 2000 or 3000 fans pour over the wall, TSA and the State Troopers could not begin to arrest everyone.

The few stupid, drunk, idiots that thought it was a good idea DESERVED everything that happened to them.