• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WE NEED OUR OWN STADIUM ON CAMPUS

1) It's not like the students who stormed the field weren't warned against it... police and security personnel lined the wall.

2) The blowout made storming the field anti-climactic.  Storming the field after a 24-21 double over time game would make sense.  But after a 45-14 blowout??  The drama wasn't there.

3) MikeG is right... the program doesn't need to finance a $100 million stadium just because a few idiots don't like the fact that security actually tries to enforce the law.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  0

You all are WAAAAY too deep into this "let's rush the field/court/pool/whatever" thing. I mean, do you want to be UCF, ripping down the goal posts after a mediocre win? Some schools have a tradition of not rushing the field, no matter what. Texas A&M beat Oklahoma a few years ago when they were #1, and they all stayed in the stands.

last time I checked that wasn't a mediocre win

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

USF will not even think about an on campus stadium. They have to renovate the sundome.

If you want to make USF think about it, contribute to the Bulls Club. (Money Talks, Bull**** walks)

So enjoy the win and make the best of the stadium.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

I like to drink during the games. No beer on campus stadiums, but besides that, on campus stadium would be nice. :D :D

Not true the Sun Dump I mean the SUN DOME is on campus and they allow beer

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  118

Hate to say it, but look at it from the TSA's perspective... drunken kids "storming the field". How are they suppose to know that it is not your intention to tear down the goal posts? Or go all ape **** on the field and end up hurting a player, coach, ref, etc.

You guys are kinda scary after having a few too many.

No stadium on campus is going to be as nice as Ray Jay. It would cost USF a fortune to put anything on campus that even closely resembled the ammenities of Ray Jay.

Guest Wildrover
Hate to say it, but look at it from the TSA's perspective... drunken kids "storming the field". How are they suppose to know that it is not your intention to tear down the goal posts? Or go all ape **** on the field and end up hurting a player, coach, ref, etc.

You guys are kinda scary after having a few too many.

No stadium on campus is going to be as nice as Ray Jay. It would cost USF a fortune to put anything on campus that even closely resembled the ammenities of Ray Jay.

I respectfully disagree.  The TSA should assume the students aren't after any coach or player because after a big win in college football the students storm the field.  It happens.  Has been happening for a very long time in fact and I assure you happen some more.  Those of you who say its stupid to storm the field are absolutley correct.  It is dumb, but its not done because its the most practical thing to be done at the moment.  Its done because students are caught up in the emotion of the moment.  Emotions will lead to doing a lot of dumb things and I say so what?  Whats wrong with that?  Some of you sound like a bunch of cranky old men who have never had any fun, or worse never been to college.  I say let the drunk students act like idiots its fun and will add to their time in college.

As far as the ammenities in Ray Jay, they are very nice but they are the Bucs.  A stadium near or on Campus would add to the feel and atmosphere of the game.  People here go on and on about why games don't feel like college games, why students don't support their school (though they have done very well this year) I personally would rather have my own stuff than borrow somebody elses.  Though an on-campus stadium is years away I will not accept that playing in Ray Jay is really that good of thing for us simply cause we can drink beer and sit in nicer seats.  Imagine a stadium covered in Bulls stuff, Bull's colors Bulls paint on the field, green and gold seats, Personally drying out for a few hours and sitting on a bench versus sitting in a plastic seat I think would be a small price to pay for the added (college) atmosphere an on-campus stadium would provide.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

See...the problem with that line of thinking is that some of us recall when 'storming the field' was put forth as - and I am hesitant to use this term - tradition.  It was actually discussed on this board: the idea of storming the field after every win. That shows you the mindset of what you have to deal with.

Like it or not - USF is a tenant - a renter - we do not own and operate the stadium, and as such, we are expected to adhere to the dictates of the owner/operator (in this instance the TSA/Bucs).  You don't have to like it...you just have to live with it.

Henceforth: no excuse for anyone jumping the wall.  It's over kids...it ain't gonna happen. TSA/RayJ will ensure that there will be adequate security in place (as was the case on Saturday night).  So, until such time as there is an OCS and you can jump that wall at will...better come up with something else. Besides ... the players did come over to the student section for some post game high-fives.... ;)

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

It would be terrible if we could not get enough money together to put a giant pirate ship in the middle of our stadium, just terrible.

Guest Wildrover
See...the problem with that line of thinking is that some of us recall when 'storming the field' was put forth as - and I am hesitant to use this term - tradition.  It was actually discussed on this board: the idea of storming the field after every win. That shows you the mindset of what you have to deal with.

Like it or not - USF is a tenant - a renter - we do not own and operate the stadium, and as such, we are expected to adhere to the dictates of the owner/operator (in this instance the TSA/Bucs).  You don't have to like it...you just have to live with it.

Henceforth: no excuse for anyone jumping the wall.  It's over kids...it ain't gonna happen. TSA/RayJ will ensure that there will be adequate security in place (as was the case on Saturday night).  So, until such time as there is an OCS and you can jump that wall at will...better come up with something else. Besides ... the players did come over to the student section for some post game high-fives.... ;)

All the more reason to have an on campus stadium.  If everyone thought like you and continues to think like you then USF will always be seen as a commuter directional school with no tradition and no university feel.  Your play by the rules because its the rules is really dumb logic.  Tradition doesn't have anything to do with the rules, nor does atmosphere.  If the TSA continues to be a hard ass when it comes to the students then they will stop coming is that what you want?  I guess an empty student section is worth obeying the rules.  Fool!

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Note: when we DO get our own stadium, I cant wait to see the Big Bull heads on both sides of the stadium.....green eyes...smoke comin out of the nose....big ass bull horns.....how cool would that be on top of the scoreboards?!!!