• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The UCF Crowd

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  58
  • Days Won:  0

Extend the FAMU seried indefinitely, at least they bring something to the table.  The famu game was awesome, great fans, great atmosphere, great band, weak team, but thats ok.  They arent any worse then ucf.  I would much rather have famu on our schedule then ucf.  

Noooooo! If there is one thing worse than extending the UCF matchup it is extending the FAMU one. No more D1-AAs.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Well it looks like no matter who you are or where you were, you were in a position to encounter obnoxious, rude UCF fans.  One almost ran into me on I-4 as they came into my lane honking and flipping me off.  I got their tag #...if I can do anything about it, I will.

Having traveled to many away games, I have NEVER encountered people quite like that.  Ridiculous.  I have thought many times some of our fans are rude but these people are over the top and have nothing to back it up with...on one hand, you feel sorry for them b/c their team just isn't very good.  On the other hand, you try to see them as ordinary people and you just can't.

UCF...listen...we all know you hate us.  We might hate you too if the situation were reversed.  But right now, we're somewhere between completely ambivalent about your program and mildly curious.  Acting like stupid children puts us further away from even having a second thought about you.  If you want to have a good program, give money to your Athletics Dept., support your program and let potential recruits see what great fans you have.  You can be sure those of us that give to USF and have the attention of Athletics will discourage a continuation of the "series" if you all act like morons in Orlando next year.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

So here's the question for sociologists to ponder:

Is it possible that the behavior of the UCF fans is borne out of a measure of frustration? Do you think, if the team were marginally competitive and did not own the nations longest losing streak and may have made the game competitive, that their behavior would have been different?

It's almost as if the "me too" line of thinking associated with the football program has spilled down to the fan level. The reason I say that is, USF has, since day one - made it clear that a "rivalry" with UCF is not at the top of the things-to-get-done-now list.

It will be interesting to see if this gets extended past the two-year mark, though it is hard to argue against the attendance figures. Remember...CJL said that the series depends on what the fans want. And 45K does make a statement.

I really doubt that FAMU will want a yearly arse-whopping by USF unless they want the payday.  They are still I-AA, and unless the NCAA has changed their rules, you can only use a I-AA win for bowl elegibility every so many years.

They changed the rules.  You can use a I-AA win every year.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

These posts are why I did not fly down for the game.  Ever since I started participating on this board, the UCF fans in general have showed me that as a whole they have absolutely no class.  I knew that they have this problem with us because we haven't wanted to play us, because we refuse to accept that a rivalry exists between 2 teams that had never played a game of football, and that they just have some unearned superiority complex over USF for some reason.

UCF fans have no class, and that was proven yesterday.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

Anybody see anyone arrested for underage drinking?  I imagine the undercovers were caught off guard with this game and just patrolled the USF student tailgates like usual.  If they would have been in lots 6 and 8, they would have needed to use all the UCF busses to haul them all to booking.

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

The "little-jock" syndrome is a very big part of the Orlando metro psyche.  Why would UCF fans be any less.  The city is always second best or less.  Never quite good enough, and always sizing itself up.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

Not sure but I heard some of their fans went into our student section and started crap, down 21-0 decide that to start screaming about how fat our cheerleaders are.

Oh heck no!!!! Pffftttttttt

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

For all the "Fat" stuff they dished out this week, I saw a LOT of UCF plumpness last night - fans, students, flag girls and dancers.  Maybe the dancers pants were just way too tight, but there were some hanging midriffs.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

As much as I hated their fans, I cant wait till they come back for another ass whoopin in 2 years.

I'm prrrretty sure that the Florida/Georgia game in Jacksonville isnt all milk and cookies. I'm prrrrretty sure that people arent nice to each other.

I'm prrrrrrretty sure that it's fun to have a rival.