• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After USF’s historic collapse, is a turnaround even in sight?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/22/2018 at 10:04 AM, El_Toro_86 said:

When all is said and done, he’s gonna end up running off about a third of the roster.  I find it hard to believe we had that many bad apples or poor players.  I bet a lot of these players got tired of his authoritarian style and tuned him out and shut down.  He did the same thing at Texas and still lost to Kansas in his 3rd year.  And long he’s here, we’re in for more of the same.  The only thing that can save him is another Bridgewater or Flowers.

You're probably right here. As far as his third year at Texas, Kansas was just a horrid loss that probably sealed the deal for him. Was surprised to see though that they did beat #10 Notre Dame that year, as well as #8 Baylor.

As far as 2019, I guess we can hope for a big upgrade at OC, and that maybe Battles emerges as a star QB, but my expectations are something below .500, and us trying to run that HB dive in vain with a mediocre OL, and BB throwing 4 yard completions on 3rd and 8, or just chucking it long in those situations for incompletions. I can see CCS stubbornly continuing to try to force that to work, p***ing the fan base off.