• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

After USF’s historic collapse, is a turnaround even in sight?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

From what I heard if you see that a person hasn't played (that had been or normally would be playing) and no injury is listed that you can assume that it is an unannounced suspension.  It is something that CCS does.

When all is said and done, he’s gonna end up running off about a third of the roster.  I find it hard to believe we had that many bad apples or poor players.  I bet a lot of these players got tired of his authoritarian style and tuned him out and shut down.  He did the same thing at Texas and still lost to Kansas in his 3rd year.  And long he’s here, we’re in for more of the same.  The only thing that can save him is another Bridgewater or Flowers.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

When all is said and done, he’s gonna end up running off about a third of the roster.  I find it hard to believe we had that many bad apples or poor players.  I bet a lot of these players got tired of his authoritarian style and tuned him out and shut down.  He did the same thing at Texas and still lost to Kansas in his 3rd year.  And long he’s here, we’re in for more of the same.  The only thing that can save him is another Bridgewater or Flowers.

This is likely outcome and it is depressing to see what Strong will do to this program in the next year or so.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

relax fellas. He's just baking the cake for our next coach.....lol

he absolutely destroyed Texas with excessive drug testing and player suspensions.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

he absolutely destroyed Texas with excessive drug testing and player suspensions.

Pretty much...he recruits decent players as we saw Texas rebound pretty quick so whoever comes here after him should have a decent foundation to build from.  It wont be quite as bad when Tags was hired and really had not that much to work with.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Pretty much...he recruits decent players as we saw Texas rebound pretty quick so whoever comes here after him should have a decent foundation to build from.  It wont be quite as bad when Tags was hired and really had not that much to work with.

problem is Texas pretty much recruits itself. those kids grow up wanting to go there from the day they were born regardless of who the coach is. can't really say that about USF. we need someone who can sell the vision like Taggart and even Leavitt

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

problem is Texas pretty much recruits itself. those kids grow up wanting to go there from the day they were born regardless of who the coach is. can't really say that about USF. we need someone who can sell the vision like Taggart and even Leavitt

I will wait and see...he did bring in some decent players in last years class I just hope it continues especially for the defensive line that needs big time help.

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

I will wait and see...he did bring in some decent players in last years class I just hope it continues especially for the defensive line that needs big time help.

he brought in 2 transfers from Duke at DT. they were suspended for most of the season. same with Keg and Bronson at times.

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

he brought in 2 transfers from Duke at DT. they were suspended for most of the season. same with Keg and Bronson at times.

And aren't they leaving now?  I am sure he would run off like  a good portion of the players from a team like Liberty. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

3 hours ago, Bull94 said:

This demands a photoshop of Charlie Strong in a chef's hat.

No using Chef from South Park!

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

This demands a photoshop of Charlie Strong in a chef's hat.

No using Chef from South Park!

Do you have a picture to submit?