• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Justin Burke to call plays

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

23 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Uhhhh, he was never an on the field coach until he got to USF, there's not much "grooming" going on here.   Straight from his USF BIO:

:Prior to coming to USF, Burke served as a quality control special assistant, working with tight ends, at Texas during the 2016 season. He also worked as an offensive special assistant (2014-15) at Texas and as an offensive quality control assistant (2013) and offensive graduate assistant (2011-2012) at Louisville."

I'm willing to give the dude a fair shake but he's just as inexperienced as King and the unit he over saw has been kind of a mess since last season.   I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst with this....   

Yet is still has more coaching experience than King.   Assistant head coach... he's being groomed 

Edited by Calibull

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

15 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt until i see what he does after the bowl.....   Who knows maybe Burke was born for this and will be a natural but his management of the special teams units has me less than enthused.   I'll wait and see how the staff shakes out between now and Feb signing day but at first blush I don't like this move at all....

15 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

The beautiful thing is that we'll find out one way or the other.  Maybe this guy calls epic plays.  

It's true that he may be a terrible specials teams coach but a genius OC. But I'm dubious.

1 minute ago, DELdaBull said:

Goodbye Mr. King. It was great having you on our staff. 

Yup. RING RING!!

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

Might it be that with Gilbert gone that King will have both the RBs and QBs at the bowl game? In which case CCS thinks having Burke call the plays is easier than having King coach both positions and call the plays? Or a better option than giving Burke the QBs when he’s not done that before? Just a thought that maybe it’s not as stupid as some think.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

Yet is still has more coaching experience than King.   Assistant head coach... he's being groomed 

He's just as green as King but please spin away.....   

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

If this guy adds a screen pass to the playbook he is already an upgrade over Gilbert.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, SANJAY said:

Might it be that with Gilbert gone that King will have both the RBs and QBs at the bowl game? In which case CCS thinks having Burke call the plays is easier than having King coach both positions and call the plays? Or a better option than giving Burke the QBs when he’s not done that before? Just a thought that maybe it’s not as stupid as some think.

LOOK AT THE BIG BRAIN ON SANJAY!!!!  I hope this is the line of thinking and not just nepotism/being one of Charlie's "guys".  

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

LOOK AT THE BIG BRAIN ON SANJAY!!!! 

That’s what she said!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

19 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Yeah, I'll give the guy a fair shot but this smells like a combination of nepotism and maybe a middle finger to the admin about having to get rid of Gilbert

Well if he doesn't change things next year the admin will get rid of him.