• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs Austin Peay - 11/12 7pm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, abochner said:

Great effort.  Bulls just lack a big time 3 point-shooter.  I've never seen a college game in which a team was in the double-bonus withing 7 minutes of the half.  Yetna was called for two touch files and had an overall miserable game.  Durr appears to be a natural rebounder who keeps consistently good positioning on the floor. Rideau is a scrappy, hard-guarding guard, but has to make better decisions.  Kiir was a joy to watch on the court, playing with great enthusiasm and has some outstanding inside moves.  This could easily have been a double-digit win against a team that won 18 games last year and returned two of its best players.  USF had only three guys on the court who payed here last year at all, and Scevic likely won't see much action unless injuries occur.  Lots to be optimistic about.  This should be a .500 team this year and is deeper talent-wise than any team since Greenberg was here with BB and Jackson.

We did shoot well from the three point range in the first game. I’ll be curious to see if this was a bad game or a problem. The same is true for FT. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Some observations from the stands:

Rideau is the type of player that keeps both teams in the game. I hold my breath with him.

Kiir could be an all-conference player before he's done.

David Collins needs to be more selfish.

Yetna is as advertised - great rebounder if he can stay on the floor.

We play hard and have some depth. If they shot the ball just 1% better we win by double digits in regulation.

The refs were awful.

Excellent points. Yeah Kiir is a stud and will lead us to a few upsets in conference this year. Rudeau makes a great play then has two bad ones. You get what you get with him. Collins has three nice looks and passed them up. I don’t think he was feeling it last night and decided to step back...but we need that kid to score in double digits to have a chance. Those kinds of refs are the reason I’ve never became a big basketball fan but I am trying to ignore that this year. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

54 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Excellent points. Yeah Kiir is a stud and will lead us to a few upsets in conference this year. Rudeau makes a great play then has two bad ones. You get what you get with him. Collins has three nice looks and passed them up. I don’t think he was feeling it last night and decided to step back...but we need that kid to score in double digits to have a chance. Those kinds of refs are the reason I’ve never became a big basketball fan but I am trying to ignore that this year. 

I think it might have been a situation where the refs try to control the game from a physicality standpoint by calling a lot of fouls early on and giving players a short leash by dropping technical and flagrant foul calls, but it quickly got away from them as well. A low scoring, sloppy game like that should never take 2.5 hours to play in regulation and then another 20 minutes or so to play overtime. We definitely got our money's worth last night! 

• Upvote 1