• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

20 Years as a FBS Program and Still No Confernece Championship

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Ghostbuster said:

Oof that's being generous with "OCS".  You saw that thing was about to fall apart from rust a year or so ago?  They cut corners on that thing so much it's a wonder no one ended up hurt..well no one got hurt except for the people who were dehydrated and couldn't use a water fountain when the thing first opened.  But hey structurally tho no one was injured.

Yep we should not compare ourselves to UCiF. 

Our compitition is FSU, UF, and Miami. We can easily takeover Miami if we had a coach worth a ****. 

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,079
  • Days Won:  39

4 minutes ago, Local Bully said:

Our compitition is FSU, UF, and Miami. We can easily takeover Miami if we had a coach worth a ****. 

Not so sure about that anymore.  You are thinking of the Big East days which are fading fast.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Meh. It took Florida 60 years to win their first SEC title. Not saying I wouldn't like one, but saying we should have one in 20 years seems a little arbitrary to complain about.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Meh. It took Florida 60 years to win their first SEC title. Not saying I wouldn't like one, but saying we should have one in 20 years seems a little arbitrary to complain about.

Considering the conference we play in now (and have played in), the talent in the state, the $ put into the program, etc. it’s not a big ask to at least get into the championship game. 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, Local Bully said:

FSU, UF and Miami are your competition? In case you missed it, you just got throttled by one of the worst teams in the AAC who should never have been invited in the first place. Coach Strong has clearly lost the team and a nose dive in morale after some serious pummeling is coming. Looks like Black Friday will be pretty embarrassing.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,079
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Considering the conference we play in now (and have played in), the talent in the state, the $ put into the program, etc. it’s not a big ask to at least get into the championship game. 

I was thinking this earlier...  How crazy of a difference one UCF game makes in our trajectories.  

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

You forgot to add we have Publix and beaches when you go down this rabbit hole.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, JTrue said:

You forgot to add we have Publix and beaches when you go down this rabbit hole.

Uhhh...I think my three points were quiet legitimate but whatever you say...

10 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Uhhh...I think my three points were quiet legitimate but whatever you say...

1) The conference we play in directly impacts are ability to recruit.

2) However, you might believe that we're going to convince a bunch of kids to stay home and play in the AAC when they don't get their UF offer. If staying home meant that much to players, Toledo and Akron would be scooping up every kid who didn't get their offer from Ohio State. Hell, Dayton is basically in the same radius we call kids "Bay Made" when they come to USF. Staying home means a lot to some kids and zero to others. It's hit or miss. Some kids want to play for the hometown team no matter what. Some kids want to play for the best school they can. Some kids really want to leave home. I left home to play for another school on purpose. I know I'm not the only college athlete who thought leaving would be a good experience.

3) What money have we spent that is going to make some sort of a seismic shift? The weight room? 3 practice fields? The coach's offices?

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  97
  • Days Won:  1

Of course a Kanig fan has nothing better to do then come on our board and downvote my post because it hurts his feelings.