• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Self scouting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  178
  • Days Won:  0

55 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Didn't keep you from creating a thread about it. Why stop now?

You can choose to be a **** or you can choose to participate in the discussion.  Being a **** does not provide anything, so ignore the discussion.  Even if 80% of our first plays and 90% of our plays following a long gain are a HB run up the middle (I guess thats very much different from a HB dive) the point is still true.  Our offense moves the ball better when we spread the other team out first; however, we do not recognize this and continue to do things that do not work.  Th inside run only works after we start throwing the ball in an attempt to climb out of the whole we got ourselves into with a poor offense.  It is EXACTLY what happened this weekend.  We got down early because the offense was running up the middle and couldn't move the football.  After we started throwing the ball we started scoring points (see the 2nd quarter). this opened up the inside run that further helped the offense (see 2nd-3rd quarter). Gilbert then fell back in love with the inside run and started spreading the ball out less and we couldn't move the football (see 4th quarter).  Then we get behind again and we have to press the ball to try and come back (this time we couldn't because we were playing a good team).

Also, people point to our yard per carry average and high rushing totals as to why the offense is fine.  If you take out the few breakaway runs we have a low ypc average, those are called outliers in statistics because they skew the actual data.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

You're right it is a forum, which means interaction. If you want to post an assessment and not get it critiqued, start a blog and don't allow comments. There's nothing at all wrong for wanting better for this team but when you put something out there that's not based in reality expect to get some feedback ...... just like all of us do who make assessments.

I can take the critiquing all day but I don't see how what I'm saying isn't based on reality.  We have had games where the offense has flourished, but we've also had plenty of games where they've under performed against some the worst overall teams/defensive teams in the country.  That's not a false statement.  

1 hour ago, Rocky Style said:

Obviously people support the team in different ways and we need all the support we can get these days.  

I agree with that, and I have no problem doing it.  I also supported this team when many of the fans said "we don't deserve to be ranked" or "we're going to get blown out by Houston," which ultimately we did. 

1 hour ago, raptorcj said:

Oh...my friend...there are so many differences. But it's easy to utilize talent when you have it in every position, sometimes 2 & 3 deep.

Absolutely and you are 100% correct.  I just feel like we occasionally underutilize what we have. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Absolutely and you are 100% correct.  I just feel like we occasionally underutilize what we have. 

It definitely seems that way.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, SaltyBulls said:

You can choose to be a **** or you can choose to participate in the discussion.  Being a **** does not provide anything, so ignore the discussion.  Even if 80% of our first plays and 90% of our plays following a long gain are a HB run up the middle (I guess thats very much different from a HB dive) the point is still true.  Our offense moves the ball better when we spread the other team out first; however, we do not recognize this and continue to do things that do not work.  Th inside run only works after we start throwing the ball in an attempt to climb out of the whole we got ourselves into with a poor offense.  It is EXACTLY what happened this weekend.  We got down early because the offense was running up the middle and couldn't move the football.  After we started throwing the ball we started scoring points (see the 2nd quarter). this opened up the inside run that further helped the offense (see 2nd-3rd quarter). Gilbert then fell back in love with the inside run and started spreading the ball out less and we couldn't move the football (see 4th quarter).  Then we get behind again and we have to press the ball to try and come back (this time we couldn't because we were playing a good team).

Also, people point to our yard per carry average and high rushing totals as to why the offense is fine.  If you take out the few breakaway runs we have a low ypc average, those are called outliers in statistics because they skew the actual data.  

I participated when I provided definitive proof that your statement was wrong. That must be where the discussion died.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

7 hours ago, SaltyBulls said:

We get high rushing yards because of a few long runs.  That does not help the defense stay off the field.  The majority of our inside runs are for little to no yards.  They lead to many quick series that put the gassed defense back on the field.  Seeing as I have a job, I do not have the time to scout USF and their play calling.  However, I am smart enough to realize that this offense is not effective the MAJORITY of the time because of play calling.  

Alabama doesn't have to adjust what they do because they can run 5 star athlete after 5 star athlete out onto the field.  They can out talent nearly every team in the country.  So that is an apples to oranges comparison.  We are not at the same level that Alabama is so coaching is even more important here.  

The reason the defense is gassed is because they cannot get off the field on 3rd and long. It has nothing to do with the offense. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,097
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

The reason the defense is gassed is because they cannot get off the field on 3rd and long. It has nothing to do with the offense. 

I wouldn't say it has NOTHING to do with the offense.  There are times where the offense poops out for long periods.  That being said, the 3rd down efficiency is more the primary issue lately.  

On 11/1/2018 at 2:12 PM, JTrue said:

I participated when I provided definitive proof that your statement was wrong. That must be where the discussion died.

Please tell me how amazing we did yet again tonight! 

On 11/1/2018 at 7:16 PM, DELdaBull said:

Not wrong. They need to do better also. Like trying to tackle would be a good start.