• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big top 25 upsets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,685
  • Days Won:  8

This is college football. Insane fans who think Strong should be fired. Even national championship coaches get upset, and USF wasn't even favored against Houston.

This week:

16). Texas A&M 13 - 28 MS State (15 pts, Jimbo Fisher)

19). Oregon 15 - 44 Arizona (29 pts)

21). So. Flo. 36 - 57 Houston (21 pts.)

Last Week:

2). Ohio State 20 - 49 Perdue (29 pts, Urban Meyer)

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

9 minutes ago, Gismo said:

This is college football. Insane fans who think Strong should be fired. Even national championship coaches get upset, and USF wasn't even favored against Houston.

This week:

Last Week:

The difference is that, most here on this board could have called a better game on both Offense and Defense then our current coaches. That's the thing you don't seem to get.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, Gismo said:

........Even national championship coaches get upset, and USF wasn't even favored against Houston.

Last Week:

In all fairness, I get an upset stomach when I eat that chicken as well.

Edited by pistonpete

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,380
  • Days Won:  25

There are ten teams that lost that were in the Top 25. Several of them will now have three and four losses. I think Houston ends up ranked and we may get lucky and barely be outside the top 25. We finally got out QUALITY LOSS though.

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,685

31 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

The difference is that, most here on this board could have called a better game on both Offense and Defense then our current coaches. That's the thing you don't seem to get.

Wrong. This is just totally wrong. 

The offense was running smoothly when the recievers weren't dropping passes. I'll give you one questionable series in the red zone with that wildcat play.

Wwere getting big chunks up the middle runs, small chunks passing to the edges, Barnett had some good scrambles to pick up yards. We started the game down 14-0 in the first 5 minutes. Is that the fault of the offense? We came back and tied the game and it was competitive until the 4th.

Houston scored 14 points each quarter. The defense was garbage. Houston has been hanging 50 on every team and their receivers matched up favorably to our secondary so they burned us.

I seriously do not comprehend the dislike for Gilberts offense. Last year we set a season yardage record and fans complain. We have running backs at the top of the rushing yardage charts in college football and people complain. Cronkite or Ford have broken out huge running plays every game this season and people complain. If you weren't taking shots at their o-line those big scoring runs wouldn't materialize. Against Houston we were getting big 10 yard chunks up the middle. 

Yesterday's game was pretty exciting game into the 4 quarter where our defense mailed it in.

Houston clearly had a more talented team. A much better QB and recievers that weren't dropping any passes. 

Our offensive line has 3 freshman starting! Our QB is average due to his inconsistency. 

Our most experienced receivers, Wilcox, had major drops the past two games, and McCants was side lined against Houston and nursing injury the last few weeks. 

This offense is fine. Red zone calling is the only complaint I think has any merit, but the overall performance is not going to magically improve if Gilbert is fired and a new coordinator brought in. 

Did you expect the offense's production to go up with Barnett replacing Flowers? 

A fraction of this fan base is totally delusional thinking they can call a more productive offense. 

The freshman offensive line is getting our RBs into the secondary every game. We have some young and very talented running backs. 

I think this team will only improve next year. We lost a lot of talent this off season so a step back is expected. The offense is fine and will be more dominate next year with the matured line and running backs. 

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,525
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, Azmodi said:

And most here on the board has coaching experience? Ever coached a game? Are cureently coaching these players? Most people on this board hated Taggarts play calling, but miss his offense now that he's gone. Most people complaining on this board are simply delusional. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233

Check my posts, I only hated CWT's inability to adabt his offense to the players he had. Once he did, I only complained about his choice for DC.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,380
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Gismo said:

This week:

Last Week:

You forgot the biggest upset of the night. Texas losing to an unranked team with 3 losses and a losing record in conference play.  You also forgot  Washington #12 losing to an unranked team with 3 losses.  Wisconsin #20 lost to an unranked team with 3 losses. NC State lost to an unranked Syracuse team who deserves to be ranked. There were ten total teams in the top 25 that lost. There will be lots of movement. Kentucky almost lost to Mizzou but got lucky and won on the last play.

image.png.81e8474e8f7f770ea2e3307a18bd02c3.pngimage.png.32d9f0b389cb93c1d862314b4927778b.png

Edited by TheGreatOutlaw