• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What do you want to see from team this game?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I want an exciting offense winning is secondary /sarcasm

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  0

2 TE sets or at least an extra lineman to help protect BB.

Screens to neutralize blitzes...TE or RB screens.  Not just bubble screens.

Man to man defense with1 safety in the box to stop run.  Mix it up by pulling the safety back into coverage once in awhile.

Edited by Supersurch

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I just want to start fast instead of turning it on late. UCONN will give us plenty of opportunities we just need to execute 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Well...no we didn't start fast again.   Its either we dont give a **** about the crap teams we have faced as of recent or we are just bad....really hope its we dont give care about these teams and know we have enough talent to beat them playing our C game.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

I'm not sure what we expected-- I mean, I realize what we wanted to have happen. We want that every game and not just this season. Namely-- solid efforts on all three fronts (offense, defense, special teams), good fast starts with early leads and turnovers that go our way, and entertaining football. I can't think of a single game this year that has gone that way-- and of all of them, this game against UConn was supposed to be tailored made for that type of effort.

My brother pointed out to me that some teams just win ugly no matter who they are playing. He reminded me of our 1983 Chicago White Sox-- who adopted a motto of "Winning Ugly" and man did they fit that to a tee. That is sort what this team does. Hits the unexpected home run or makes the amazing catch then the next moment-- makes an error that makes your stomach turn. Unlike that White Sox team-- many will point out that our Bulls are supposedly much more talented than our opponents. That we should not struggle against any but the finest teams on the schedule.

The only positive I can grasp out of this, other than the 7-0 record so far, is that perhaps this is just how they go about their business on the field. The scrap together wins on the fly and no amount of coaching is going to force them into our cookie cutter version of "how to win  a game". Sort of like a wild horse that you can never tame but has the potential speed to win a Kentucky Derby. Not that I think our team is quite that good- in fact they may be very average who are lucky and/or motivated by a fear of losing. That theory will be tested the rest of the season. How it turns out is anyone's guess. We could run the table or fall flat on our faces. My guess is somewhere in between. Considering what we lost from last years team-- that is a pretty decent showing regardless.

There are no clear answers-- just unsolvable riddles when it comes to how the team cobbles together each win. Bursts of excellence followed by periods of mediocrity and outright garbage play. This team will never wow the media "experts" or many of our demanding fans. People will call for the heads of various coaches and call out certain players along the way. Just know that in their own way, they are trying and they are succeeding in the one category that matters most-- the win column. Ignore predictions/betting spreads and what you know about football this season. Try to enjoy the roller coaster ride that is USF football and hang on tight-- there are plenty of curves and loops up ahead. We are just getting to the crazy part is my guess.

• Upvote 2