• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GT win not looking so good thus far

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Aren't they independent?

Yes...thus they can’t play on NYD from a G5 slot perspective because they can’t win a conference.  Potentialy they can make the playoffs as an independent however 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yes...thus they can’t play on NYD from a G5 slot perspective because they can’t win a conference.  Potentialy they can make the playoffs as an independent however 

Gotcha.  Just looked it up.  Didn't realize the need to WIN the conference stipulation for that G5 slot.  So no matter what, it's either CFP or some bs bowl.  Would explain that tough scheduling since running the table would give them some argument for a playoff spot and if they lose 3 or 4, they're still in some little bowl

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Gotcha.  Just looked it up.  Didn't realize the need to WIN the conference stipulation for that G5 slot.  So no matter what, it's either CFP or some bs bowl.  Would explain that tough scheduling since running the table would give them some argument for a playoff spot and if they lose 3 or 4, they're still in some little bowl

That’s why I wonder if they will join a conference at some point.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,728
  • Days Won:  0

38 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

those are gimmees for the most part to the upper half the p5.

My point exactly. There are true power teams in P5 conferences AND non-power teams in P5 conferences, yet the entire conference is deemed to be "powerful." USF's 7-1 record against P5 teams looks awesome thanks to the sports media ignoring your point that there are gimmie teams in P5 conferences. I would argue that USF winning 7 of 8 against the P5 makes us a candidate for one of those upper half P5 slots. But then, I am a USF grad and fan, so what else would I argue? 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

My point exactly. There are true power teams in P5 conferences AND non-power teams in P5 conferences, yet the entire conference is deemed to be "powerful." USF's 7-1 record against P5 teams looks awesome thanks to the sports media ignoring your point that there are gimmie teams in P5 conferences. I would argue that USF winning 7 of 8 against the P5 makes us a candidate for one of those upper half P5 slots. But then, I am a USF grad and fan, so what else would I argue? 

no that record could make us a candidate for a middle of the pack slot in our best years.  Those upper slots are called Bama, Auburn, UGA, LSU, Clemson, Ohio St, Oklahoma, etc. ( I could go on).  Those bottom feeders are battling to win our little g5 conference most years and they'd easily be upper half.  That's why the p5 teams get the benefit of the doubt.  They are p5 conferences, doesn't mean every team is a world beater at the p5 level.  

And "relegation" ain't happening so if they're in, for the most part they are in with few exceptions maybe

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,728
  • Days Won:  0

It's all moot anyway. As I said before, USF's 7-1 record against P5 opponents looks great because P5 > G5 no matter how crappy the P5 team is. {wink wink}