• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Best-case scenario to make an NY6 bowl game this year

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,555
  • Days Won:  28

On 9/15/2018 at 1:08 AM, Gatorbull325 said:

I usually make a “crash the playoffs” post, but realistically we do not have the strength of schedule. Soooo I decided to make the best-case scenario to make an NY6 bowl game. 1st, we have to win the AAC and go undefeated. The only AAC loss we can afford and still get to the AAC title game would be to Houston…but since we are going undefeated, I shall proceed with the best-case scenario. The scenarios below are the teams being undefeated or with 1 loss by the time they play us. 

Cinci – 8-0 or 7-1 should be ranked (possible loss to Navy)

UCF - 10-1 should be ranked (loss to Memphis)

Houston – 7-0 should be ranked when we play them (They will lose to Memphis on 11/23 so they will not make the AAC title game…plus I don’t want to play them twice)

Memphis - 12-1 should be ranked (We will play them in the AAC conference title game)

Past opponents

GT wins 8 games

Illini – Becomes bowl eligible

Our biggest challengers

Boise State – They need to lose to Oklahoma State, BYU, Fresno State or Utah State. Them boys need a loss period.

Hawaii - We are lucky. If they go undefeated, we should still be ahead of them. Their schedule is pretty weak.  Now if USF has one loss then it’s a closer race.

BYU – They have 1 loss, but If they win out hell they may go to the playoffs lol Their schedule is stacked. A 2 loss BYU may still be hard to beat, especially if they beat Wisconsin. But I don’t see them getting past WIS and WASH.

Buffalo – Same as Hawaii

North Texas – Same as Hawaii.

This scenario gives us 3-4 ranked opponents. If the AAC has a bunch of parity and none of the teams we play are ranked, we should still be good if we win out, but may still need at least 1 more loss from Boise State. Anyways, I have thought this scenario into existence so it shall happen.….. Go Bulls! 

Houston - loss

Boise State - loss

BYU - Won big

North Texas - Won and may be our biggest challenger

The plan is still the same except Houston might not be ranked when we play them.

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

well I guess we don't need to worry about this then. 😂🤣😂🤣

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Houston - loss

Boise State - loss

BYU - Won big

North Texas - Won and may be our biggest challenger

The plan is still the same except Houston might not be ranked when we play them.

BYU still has games at Washington and at Boise, and they already have a loss. Certainly they will have one more. North Texas has a very good chance to run the table it appears, but the SOS should keep us ahead of them, as long as we keep winning. Houston's offense against our defense is the biggest worry right now.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

On 9/15/2018 at 6:43 AM, bullsfan1983 said:

Isn’t BYU considered P5 for scheduling purposes. Sort of like Notre Dame. Could they really steal the G5 conference spot as independent?

On 9/15/2018 at 8:23 AM, Gatorbull325 said:

Actually, thats a great question in which I dont know, but assumed that they would snatch up a G5 spot minimum.

On 9/15/2018 at 8:41 AM, Apis Bull said:

I don't think they can.  Everything I read specifically says a team from a Group of 5 conference.  Nothing is said about independents. 

BYU is an independent and can not take the G5 NY6 spot.  There is a stipulation that the G5 team must win their conference and BYU doesn't have a conference to win.  They either have to make the playoffs or will be in some smaller bowl